Amazon Prime Wardrobe - Goodbye clothing stores

Yeah, one of the big reasons I used to shop at retail over ordering online was that I didn’t want to wait ages for whatever I was looking at to arrive. But Prime cuts it down so low that it barely registers as a wait to me anymore unless I absolutely need it right then and there (and I still can get some stuff within an hour or two with Prime Now if I really must), and clothes definitely aren’t that level of priority for me. Not much is, really, aside from food, and Amazon still isn’t particularly reliable for that, at least in my area. (Bulk nonperishables, often viable as long as I don’t need a specific brand. Anything else…eh. And nonperishables I can wait for.)

I went out with a girl who had 40 pairs of shoes. How do I know this? Because, one day, I decided to be nice. She was out and I decided to go through the muddle of shoes in the bottom of her closet. I paired them up. She was very pleasantly surprised. I asked her if she needed that many. I was then shown all of the various combinations of work outfits he had for each pair. Luckily this entailed many wardrobe changes. “You won’t appreciate this unless I model it for you.” Heh. Okay.

I thought I might know her, but by the end of your story, I realized that this is not the same woman. But yeah, my gf has more than 40 pair, just at my place. At her own apartment, probably twice that. That and her damn bottles of make-up and skin horse-shit are driving me nuts. I can’t clean around all that shit.

Anyway, I have two pair of shoes. New Balance. I guess you could call them running shoes. They’re comfortable.

In the winter, they get filled with snow, and my feet get cold.
In the rain, they get sopping wet.
When I mow the lawn, they get dirty.
They are also my work shoes.
If I ever need to run from the cops, I’m also ready.

My second pair is for lounging and going to weddings, etc.

No clothing company ever made much money from me either.

A pair of jeans will last me a year.
I’m still trying to wear out my concert-tees from the 90’s. They are surprisingly durable. My Foghat shirt is still holding up like a champ.

I have two pairs of ‘shoes’. A pair of white New Balance sneakers. My every day shoes. And a pair of motorcycle boots that I bought in 1989. Steel toe, steel shank. They are beat to shit. But I can still fit into them, so they still count.

Edit: Did I ever tell you the story about when I first bought the boots? I’m pretty sure I did.

If you did, it’s entirely possible I missed it. I didn’t sign on here until 2010, so I missed out on a lot, probably.

Damn, never considered myself any type of fetishist or clothes horse.

Let’s see:

5 pairs of casual boatshoes.

4 pairs of dress shoes( most other lawyers have twice that,IMO)

1 pair sneakers.

1 pair lowcut hikers.

1 pair highcut hikers.

1 pair snakeproof boots.

Slippers… :)

Is this your GF?

My mom works at a shoe store. I own (as in, have not thrown away) about… 12 pairs of shoes. I wear about four, though. Including three pairs I bought replacements for that I wound up not liking as much as the beat to shit ones I was supposed to throw out…so I’m still wearing the old ones while the new ones collect dust alongside various other pairs mom has bought me over the years.

Sweet. Amazon.com corporate dystopia!

It sounds crazy up there. Down here in southern California, you need your flip-flops and your non-flip-flops for weddings and funerals. Two pairs of shoes. That’s it.

-Tom

No, but damn, she’s hot.

I was laughing at all you people with too many shoes, and just realized I have 4 pair myself.
Work/‘formal’ shoes
Lawn mowing shoes (just whatever pair is oldest at the time)
Gym shoes (second oldest pair, just so I don’t leave them at work/home)
Everyday shoes

If I didn’t mow in damp grass (or could be bothered to clean the green stains), and could remember to not leave my shoes at home/gym, I’d really only need two. So in my head, I only think I have those two.

Four pair seems reasonable. I have:

• black shoes (loafers)
  • brown shoes (laces)
  • tennis shoes
  • previous pair of tennis shoes - used for lawn and garden work

oh yeah, these don’t count since they’re so rarely used:

• flip flops

Those are mandatory here. Two pairs if possible. Alternates like sandals are also accepted. It’s the southern way of life.

I disagree, having exactly no sandal type footwear. Then again, I also never really go outside for pleasure…

I have a pair of sandals. You know the kind with tire tread soles? As rarely as I wear them they will no doubt outlast my feet.

I think this fits here.

Why the heck would Amazon need spammers?

And still no Drone Beehives. I’m sad.

I needed a new pair of sandals (flip flops suuuuuuck) but checking Amazon only 2 out of all the sizes are offered for wardrobe.

Which is a bummer, I actually wanted to try wardrobe because I wanted to go one size smaller and see if that worked out better. It’s not like Amazon’s return process is super onerous, but man am I lazy. Thinking I will just go retail now (which probably won’t work because I have tiny, tiny feet)

Then discuss away!