Amazon Ring wants to out-Fox news

I have too actually. They frequently post notifications about city ordinance voting on things near our area, events happening around the neighborhood (that are good,) etc. Oh, also people close by selling things. I’ve seen some nice stuff go for dirt cheap as people move out.

So we had cameras in my mom’s house for a period to monitor her after she had a falling injury. Nothing was freakier than to get motion alerts from those cameras while she was away from the home on vacation.

Also, the answer is:
No it’s the sun and wind causing moving shadows on the wall.

I had that too with my Nest Cam a couple years ago. Strangely enough, those false positives stopped when I signed up for their annual storage plan. Weird!

These were nest cams as well. To be fair we viewed the video a few times just trying to figure out what we were seeing as well. The camera was angled through a room and you could see down a short hallway to another room. At first glance it looked like dark shadows moving back and forth across the distant room. Upon actual inspection, there was a smaller tree outside the window of that room and late afternoon sun forced the shadows for it through the window and in a diffuse enough pattern you could not really identify. I don’t blame the Nest really, it was just a freaky thing about how light and shadows worked through that window and screen.

I have this set conservatively. It’s caused by sunlight reflecting off of passing cars at a certain time of day.

Mine gets set off by sunrise/sunset rays.

Is this your mailman?

Speak of the devil

I’m sorry, Dave, I can’t let you ignore the motion at your front door.

Wheeeeeee!

To ensure that police stay on message when promoting the app, or answering questions about it, Ring not only provides police departments with talking points but widely seeks to secure contracts that grant it the absolute right to approve all police statements about its services.

Some police officials seem conscious of the fact that their officers shouldn’t be seen as advertising on behalf Ring, though they’re effectively doing so anyway. One Florida officer wrote in an email to his subordinates last year: “Officers are NOT sales reps for RING and need to be careful not to suggest this company over other competitors.” He then openly admits, “We want to encourage downloads of the app.”