Amazon's New World MMO

Fellow SOLO player here as well. I bounced off of it as well. I liked the controls/combat for the genre but the structure of the game was just bleh. For a game that wanted me to quest grind my way to max level, they put zero effort into it. The same three or four boring low-effort quest templates repeated ad nauseum and then nothing to hide the pointless gear treadmill at the end.

I got bored with that one real quick but this one is grabbing me more, it feels a lot fresher.

I just assumed this would have a subscription. I really need to get out of this thread before I’m sucked in to an MMO I don’t need to be sucked into.

I’m pretty sure worn equipment isn’t included in encumbrance numbers.

I have a fire staff, but haven’t tried it yet. Had just finished gathering some stuff last night before I logged out, so maybe I can make some new wagons to play with. I really want to see the gauntlet.

This is a game where I would really like to find a good guild to play with, but that can be such a challenge. I haven’t even been introduced to the factions yet, but I’m guessing that will be soon.

I hear you on guilds, my track record with them in MMOs is quite poor. Will be seeking one out in this game as well. I mentioned it in one of these MMO threads, but I’m always looking for that goldilocks guild that’s not hardcore but isn’t a spam invite guild or a casual social guild either. Basically, a group of adults with life responsibilities that are more than casual gamers.

And I’ve found those, in GW2, in Tera, etc. but they always seem to be built on a house of cards and never last. I’d like to find a group that does stuff like the fort rush, but is basically PvX. I want to do dungeons and stuff and be able to dabble in pvpve as a supporting character

It’s frustrating that the official forums don’t have a section for recruitment

Paging Drop Bears… paging Drop Bears…

Best guild evar.

I remember fondly the female gnome rogue guild QT3 had years ago…fun running around with 15 other gnome rogues freaking everyone out.

Yes indeed, this game is a buy once and no further charges apply. There is no monthly fee.

@Misguided The armor info I got from this site. I am pretty sure it is accurate. There very well may be in game documentation on this but I do not know where that would be.

As for your character’s armor weight, it is shown via a vertical thermometer type scale that is on the left side of the screen, directly to the right of your paper doll.

Man you guys are making me SERIOUSLY consider buying this!

Do we know if there’s going to be a server wipe post-beta? Or will beta characters carry over?

I played this in alpha (am I even allowed to say that?) and really enjoyed it. There was no fishing then, but otherwise it doesn’t sound like things have changed TOO MUCH, aside from, I gather, more focus on PvE, which I like. If there’s gonna be a real contingent of Qt3ers on board, that’s pretty good incentive…

I believe carrying weight can be increased by equipping more bags… Which sounds weird now that I say it. There is a quest where you are rewarded with a bag or pouch or some such pretty early on. Be sure to equip it.

For those of you looking for a guild, I have been involved for years with a large community oriented guild that does PVX. I have adventured with them in Rift, GW2, and ESO. It’s a family oriented guild but you can certainly find min-maxers in the guild. The guild leader is very passionate about PVP so those activities are always on the menu. The guild website is www.gaiscioch.com (pronounced gosh-kia). They do run a discord server. If you decide to register the secret word is family.

Wow - I recognize their logo/page from long long ago. Always impressive to see guilds that have managed to endure that long.

That is exactly how I felt about SOLO. We must have similar taste in MMOs so it’s encouraging to see you giving New World the thumbs up!

It’s no longer a case of if, but when!

Wow, really? Interesting.

Nice! We should all figure out an unofficial Qt3 server before launch so we can all end up in the same place. Are you in North America?

Nah UK here. I can always maintain a character on the NA server though. Assuming you can split characters between servers?

If I decide to bother, I’d be on NA East.

Though I’m notoriously lazy, I’d not be against a QT3 Company (or whatever they call them).

Ok, you guys have done your damage. I just purchased it through Steam. Hope I get a beta key. I do hope we all agree on a server.

I’m really enjoying this and even though it’s annoying they are going to wipe everything before launch, it would be cool if there was some QT3 group for sure on a specific server.

If you buy it from Steam, you don’t need to wait for a key, just locate New Wold BETA in your library and install it.

Something I just noticed - shield is used only with a sword AFAIK but it does count towards your equip load even if you don’t use a sword. Stupid me kept it equipped and I was wondering how come I can’t wear any medium armor and keep myself within the light equip load bracket. :)

Ah - I didn’t realise there’s going to be a wipe. In that case I may as well hold off and let another pay day roll around before clicking buy.