Amazon's New World MMO

That makes sense, so not really using it as a weapon itself but for those utilities. Can definitely see the value in that.

For me, I’m currently using a great axe in my second slot. The charge ability is nice for harvesting/traversing the map and the wide cleaving swings help when things surround me. I lurve the life staff but it’s definitely lacking in the “oh crap, I have multiple baddies punching me” department. I mean, as it should, it’s so good as it is it really needs to have some drawbacks.

Only 50%? Thought it was 80 for some reason. That’s with the highest tier gem?

That’s what Google tells me! Highest thing I found was Cut Pristine Amber (Tier 5 gem) which gives Arboreal IV, which is 50% damage conversion to nature. I’m not max level though so I’m relying on info I’ve found online, not personal experience.

I searched for weapon perks (granted by gems) here to try to double check, I don’t see anything above IV.

https://newworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Perks

Regardless, we could use more focus weapons. Also really looking forward to seeing the blunderbuss now that I am doing all strength/con, since that will supposedly scale off strength

I agree, even if Focus is a secondary scaling stat or something. Maybe the void gauntlet will use Focus, if the datamining indicates it’s something they actually plan to implement/release?

Void is said to be Int/focus

Pretty sure conversion was nerfed during/after beta.

Ah, that would make sense.

So has anyone actually been able to sell anything on the auction house? I’ve put lots of things up for sale including weapons/armor I’ve crafted, resources I’ve gathered stuff like that and as far as I can tell nothing has sold. The interface is pretty obtuse and while I can see all of my things I’ve listed for sale I can’t tell if anything has actually sold.

I sold quite a bit the first couple days. But I’ve stopped trying to list things in the auction house. Since the server I am on is closed to new characters that means there are no newbies coming up through the ranks looking for better gear. It’s just people like me who been playing since the start. And I only rarely look on the auction house for gear because so much drops. When I do look for gear it’s usually priced at 5G which means the people selling it are barely making any money on it. So it certainly looks to me like it’s not worth listing things on the auction house.

Has anyone talked about housing yet? I don’t recall. I think I just qualified for getting one. Is it any fun making stuff? Can you find things to put in your house?

The NW economy has a Children of Men problem. Even when servers re-open to new characters, the game doesn’t really support alts, so the average character level will rise much more quickly than other mmos.

Resources still sell well, though I wonder if that will continue once crafters have their skills maxxed.

I haven’t had the money for a house yet and need to figure out where I want it, for me the primary driver is more storage. In any case, you can craft furniture and find schematics for specific ones for your house and I also see that homes can hold a certain number of trophies as well.

When you look at the things sold screen, you’ll see a table, fourth or fifth column from the left is “sold” and if the item sold it’ll say 1 (or however many you sold) or 0 if you didnt. It’s substandard for sure, but at least you can see it

50% was the highest we saw in the beta on epic gems, it was rumored legendary was 80% but I don’t think we ever saw proof.

Ah, ok. I remember hearing that number

well, it’s borked for me atm. easy anticheat feels steam is not to be trusted. Seems like this is going around…

I one legit user is ever fucked out of playing your game because of your anti cheat tool you are doing it wrong. F everything about this bullshit.

EAC doesn’t like the steamclient64.dll file that was updated today. Fortunately I have a version of that file dated yesterday on another PC. I copied that file onto a flash drive, started up Steam on my gaming PC, and replaced the dll file with the older version. That let me start up and play New World.

I read that other multiplayer games are getting the same error, so it’s not just this one.

about half hour later, i verified the files again(i did it originally too) and it d/led some new files and was fine.