Amazon's New World MMO

Muad’Dib … Muad’Dib

Ah, the life of a field commander. I guess Great Axe/Great Hammer Isn’t good damage. :)

Tomorrow is Restless Shores. There is blood in the water and the Green sharks are very, very hungry after a month of starving.

Feels good to finally have some land again.

WindsWard - Twitch

Not having played, I don’t understand any of the past few comments in this thread, lol. It’s all very mysterious. But I did watch some of the vidoe @zenblack linked. So that’s realm-vs-realm combat? Looks fun.

Marauders (green) didn’t control a single zone for quite a while, but we’re reclaiming some of them now.

The Wanderers of Falias are gathering at 7:30 EST tonight to get the required influence to be able to declare on Monarch’s Bluff. The last remaining gold generating territory is not currently declared and left on the map. We were bugged out of a war in Restless Shore last night under very mysterious circumstances. We were the only server that was down and it was 1:00 til the start of the war.

sexy time

I’m surprised and disappointed how quickly I got bored of this game. Steam says I have 37 hours. In that time I got to level 20-something and got decent levels in a lot of tradeskills. It will take a lot to get me to 60 and I just don’t have the enthusiasm for it. PvP would probably help but I’m never selected for a war, and I’m not doing open world PvP until level 60 due to gank squads. Oh well, I’ll probably feel the urge again in a few months.

Not to change your mind or anything but the declarer of the war gets to choose who joins. So if your company marches to the drums of war, you could potentially get in a lot of fights. Also, the WPVP is a bit different. It kind of centers around the forts and the bonuses they give. So you don’t go solo, unless you want to, but you switch to PVP once you found a crew to run around killing the enemy.

Far as I can tell server transfers are not up yet? I go to the page where you should get your token and there’s nothing there. I was kinda thinking about switching over one character to Falias to join the Wanderers (I’d have to ditch my existing faction but w/e).

I believe they disabled them after the gold duplication bug was discovered…

Heh. Didn’t hear about that, but not surprising. I think it is a requirement by law that all MMOs have at least one gold dupe bug.

I’m very much in the same point; 67 hours level 32. I went back to playing some old single player games. It is rather daunting to have to grind out to level 60, because the levels are getting slower and slower. Also I’m not making any money, since I seem to be spending a lot on repair. The group I’m with is pretty small 2 hardcore players and 1/2 dozen casuals like myself. So I can’t imagine how will get involved in a war or anything.

I don’t find the combat all that interesting, and while the crafting system is excellent, the fact that I can’t make anything for myself better or cheaper than I can buy it is disappointing.

I think boring combat mechanics was one of the hardest obstacles for me. The tradeskill grinding was fun for maybe the first hour then it was just trying to find different types of nodes, rinse and repeat, with precious little to show for it. All my gear are drops and there’s no reward in sight. Suggesting that players grind out hundreds of hours in the possible hope of something good at the end game is odd.

my newest look

Me and my buddy have already backed off as well and moved over to Conan Exiles with a gportal private server and some custom mods to smooth a low player count experience for PvE. To be fair, we were both more interested in PvE, but New World was beginning to grind, not helped by the general repetitiveness of the content. Made it to level 37 I think.

There is something there for sure, but maybe it needs more time in the oven for a bunch if the systems to be further tuned. All of my gear was from drops or auction house - I could not craft anything near that GS and it was unsatisfying that the path of progression seemed to be just craft low level mats into slightly higher level mats and/or craft a whole bunch of shit you just salvage because it’s garbage or you are way over-levelled for. Not sure how that is considered an ‘excellent’ crafting system. Money was in short supply - I dodged a bullet by not bothering to buy a house and entertain the burdensome tax system - storage management was getting tiring, running the same identical PvP quests ad-nauseum was not appealing and the PvE factions missions were only mildly less repetetive. Maybe if I was more engaged with the PvP system…

Storage (lack of) and crafting not being useful until L60 are my two biggest complaints as well. The lack of storage is just such a chore if you’re looking to craft. I’m always burning up resources to get some crafting skill as well as free up inventory space, but I’m also always short of something, at least at that particular location. Or I need a higher tier crafting station of some sort but that town lacks it, so gotta hoof it somewhere else, refine, haul it back, etc.

I don’t know, sometimes I feel like I spend the majority of my evening just shuffling things around from town to town trying to free up some more inventory space rather than adventuring or playing the game. :)

I just started playing this tonight. I’m level 5 and still in the newbie area. I always play a healer/magic user in these types of games I’m a little perturbed that the game has shoe-horned me into using a sword + shield/bow. Am I losing anything by levelling up these weapon types instead of focusing on my preferred weapons? (I assume a healing staff of some sort). Also, at what level can I expect to gain a healing weapon type?

Not at all. You will find a life staff soon enough.

I can now carry around over 1100 pounds of stuff, lol. Hit 55 today. Having a blast.