Amazon's New World MMO

Saw the link to that video earlier, and I thought it was just going to be about some of the perks not working. Holy cow, that’s bad.

Same guy put out another video using the ‘paused client’ to abuse the i-frames while dodging. He didn’t even take damage from a bleed effect.

This is going to completely bork the territory wars. Folks have probably been using it already to capture the points.

Oh hey, logged in to find a patch incoming. Patch notes here.

Good luck with that!

Hmmm

(Look up two posts)

I read the new patch introduced a bug where if an item you’re selling on the trading post sells when you’re offline, you don’t get the gold. Just posting here in case anyone has expensive stuff like bags listed.

They have compensated people for other issues related to gold. I’m sure they will be able to track this as well. They have been responding to things fairly quickly. It took them longer to fix something like the tax issue, but that was just a display bug. They are still compensating people for it. Heck, I’m the only person I know in my company that noticed it in the first place.

I’m a little sad at the life staff nerfs, especially when phrased as “performance improvements”. Ah well, there’s always this sort of issue when they’re trying to juggle PVP and PVE balance. The life staff is a very good weapon, no doubt, but still.

I’m getting pretty bored with being Focus… er… focused. No weapon options to choose from and Amber gems are STILL FRIGGIN BUGGED arghlblarghle. Unless I missed a patch note or stealth fix yesterday, anyway. Probably just time to take a break and let this bad boy bake a little longer.

Not sure what nerf you are referring to. Someone in an expedition earlier said some like staff perks weren’t working properly…maybe a bug, rather than a nerf?

There are perks that heal and remove debuffs on light and heavy attacks, respectively. Before you would get a little AOE where the attack hit and the heal would apply. Now the AOE is gone and you need to have the projectile pass through an ally to have it effect them, which can be really awkward in a game where every trash mob can shove players around at will. It also means you’re not able to apply those effects on yourself.

Who knows if it’s a bug or intended, there’s so many broken perks of things that don’t match tooltips it’s impossible to say. In this case the new behavior actually matches the original description so who knows what they actually intend?

Either way, it’s all indicative that this game needs some more time in the oven, it’s an absolute mess. I’ve had fun with it, but no desire to put up with all the garbage at the moment. I’m pretty confident that game will be in a lot better place a few months from now, so I’ll just pick it back up then. I’ve easily got my money’s worth so any extra mileage I get out of it will be a bonus.

Not my experience at all, but I’m not a healer. Certainly it will continue to improve, though, as you said. Looking forward to trying outpost rush. I should hit 60 tomorrow

I wouldn’t mind joining the Wanderers; I have a character on Falias, Marauder faction, named Bobby Sue. There doesn’t seem to be an in-game way of asking for an invite?

If Bobby Sue is in the Marauders faction you can just post the character name in The Wanderers discord and you’ll get an invite.

That made me grin a bit, because outpost rush has been one of the things that have been busted. :)

Please post your impressions in the thread, would love to hear how it goes for you this weekend!

so there was this guy, he was just floating around and holding the point, and we couldn’t ever seem to kill him…

Um, what’s the server? Searching in Discord doesn’t turn up anything. Admittedly, I am not a very expert Discord user either.

NM, found it.

Everyone I’ve talked to loves it so far (though acknowledged some issues), even a non-PvP type, but haven’t had a chance to try.

Big day for me so far: hit the level cap, got my first legendary drop (earring from Foreman Harold), and got my first PvP kills (in open world)

Guy certainly seems to be angry at something. Watched for several minutes hoping it would crystalize into something coherent, but it didn’t. Filed under, guy certainly seems to be angry at something.

Wow, yeah, angry indeed. He has it seems two main points. The first is sort of incoherent, though no doubt based in some form on an actual marketing/psychology phenomenon. He seems to feel that consumers put a lot of faith in streams that are “sponsored” and therefore supposedly more reliable or something, but he doesn’t really make the case very well IMO. I would agree that in many cases consumers will be persuaded by reviewers/streamers that they consider more reliable or whatever, but the whole sponsored thing seems a bit murky here. Not only that, but he comes perilously close to saying that gamers are incapable off making up their own minds and are helpless in the face of evil sponsored streamers or something.

The other main gripe though does seem rather serious and his ire seems more reasonable. The acknowledged client-side dependence of the game, the legion of bugs and poorly designed back-end systems, and the general ineptitude of the entire project when compared to top-tier MMOs or other online games is pretty bad. If those things about chat and HTML are true, that represents a nearly unbelievably bad screw up on Amazon’s part.

On balance, though, this guy sure seems to have a bone to pick with Amazon in general. The comments about Twitch and Amazon, I’ll admit, strike me as reasonable fears though.

I only listened to the first few minutes and to me it came across as an incoherent rant.