American Horror Story 8 - Armageddon

Starts tonight. Considering how well the show bounced back last season I’m really looking forward to this.

Oh thanks for the reminder. Silly DVR needs a new season pass since they change the name every year.

2 episodes in, and nothing?

We only watched the first so far (will probably catch up tonight) and it left me scratching my head. I’m not sure yet how I feel about the season

Me neither. Am not particularly a fan at the moment; I was hoping the series would be more about prepping and eventual disaster, rather than some weird secret society post-apocalypse supernatural thing right out of the gate.

Haven’t been too much of a fan of much of the show but there’s some great moments. Though I thought the first half of Roanoke was generally great.

— Alan

Any other opinions, I see there are 8 episodes broadcast so far. I am letting them pile up on the DVR for a binge session.

I might be in the minority but the bulk of the season seems to be in flashback, or flashbacks within flashbacks, and literally nothing has pushed the story forward since the third episode or so. I’m fairly unimpressed and disinterested in this season so far, and really hasn’t gone to any of the themes I thought it would. Or really even touch on those themes. Sure there’s some tying up of lose ends from previous seasons (especially the first), but was it even really necessary? Very meh.

— Alan

Yeah, I bailed after the third episode.

I believe we just watched the 4th or 5th episode and it just got really interesting, for me anyway. It is starting to come together what is going on and it answered a lot of what was going on for me. I normally just watch the show to appease my wife, as she adores it, but I am genuinely curious what happens next.

I have heard nothing but positive comments from co-workers , so I am glad to hear I have some quality tv for the winter.

I must admit I fell asleep a few times in the early episodes, but I am curious what you think as they go along!

Finally got through the episodes stockpiled on my DVR. Although I struggled trying to pay attention for the first several episodes, once the detailed flashback started I found it very engaging. Probably my second favorite season after Asylum.

We just started watching this. They sure seem to have their tongue firmly in cheek–the “Morning After” moment comes to mind–and the scenery chewing is going full-bore. The best part so far is how creepy the, well, creeps are. Kathy Bates is always fab, and Joan Collins slays, for the time she’s there.

Eh this was an ok season, just finished the final 4 episodes, sorta nice to see how it all tied into certain previous seasons to some degree.

AHS1984 awaits me on the DVR next!

I really enjoyed 1984.

Asylum was…okay. In my opinion they haven’t done many “bad” seasons, but the first is still tops in my book.

Roanoke and Cult were my least favorite seasons.

My favourites are Asylum, Roanoke and 1984.

Most disliked Cult, Coven, Hotel.

I loved Coven, but the others were kind of meh for me.

Hotel wasn’t’ so bad if you ignored the Gaga stuff and looked at the overall story.