American public - unelectable and traitorous

Ryan, I think people trampled on your feelings because the same argument has been had many times last year and with a similar result.
Of course, I notice that you complain about ridicule yet you also managed to put in a few bitchy comments about the other side in your first post. Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it, son.

What evidence? You better provide a link, Mr. McCullough. Unless… there are no links???

couldn’t have said it better myself. i personally feel that going to war was the correct thing to do. i think that it has had an impact on how “rogue” states feel about WMDs. i do NOT think, however, that it was okay for the bush administration to lie to the public, in order to get us to support a war. if the public doesn’t feel that a war is warranted, based on the actual facts, then we shouldn’t be going to war.

Argh. To Rywill, I’m sorry my use of your quote made it appear I was attacking your or your quote. I was using your quote to agree that the problem of selective hearing exists and that it extends to the public as well.

Regarding “getting my feelings hurt,” I don’t think I have complained of that. My feelings are not relevent to the issue. The issue is that too many partisans resort to personal attacks and/or ridicule when they disagree with somebody rather than engaging in actual dialogue.

It’s funny - the WMD thing is sort of like the God argument:

“I don’t believe God exists”

“I do”

“You’re an idiot. Prove that God exists”

“No you’re an idiot. Prove that He doesn’t”

Both sides may or may not have reasonable basis for their beliefs. The truth of the matter will most likely come out in due time… one way or the other. In the mean time, I guess it’s fun to hate on one another.

God is different - the form believers assert he takes is often unfalsifiable. By contrast, it’s not all the fucking hard to check and see if any of the sites intelligence thought had nuke components do have them. Has anyone checked on that gas production site Powell mentioned to the UN?

Due time? When exactly will that be? We’ve had the full run of the country and access to most every single relevant for what, over half a year now?

Right. But the futility of the back-and-forth is similar. Thus the analogy.

Question for Mr. McCullough:

I generally enjoy reading your posts in the other forums here but am puzzled by what seems to be an unreasoning belligerence when it comes to political issues. Do you think and write differently when the topics turn to politics, or do you think I am merely reading your political posts differently because I happen to disagree with most of them? It’s entirely possible that I’m just a right-wind raving lunatic, but I don’t think so. After all, I only own one gun. :wink:

I only get uppity when people assert stuff that’s completely ridiculous. :D

I see… In that case, I like the way you operate.

Of course I only get uppity when I’m right. And I’m always right. I think.

Don’t mess with him when he’s cranky, Ryan. Jason’s a teetotalling, vegetarian, caffeine and sugar free entity. With that much asceticism, something’s gotta give.

Sounds like he’s in training to become a monk. ;-)

A monk that fucks all the bitches!!!

Isn’t that a rap lyric?

Jason’s no teetotaller. I’ve never seen a man get drunk faster on chick drinks in my life.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60340-2004Jan6.html

Particularly amusing details on Saddam’s “WMD programs.”

Oh… and the whole Weapons of Mass Destruction thing… seems to me that with Saddam in custody, it should just be a matter of time before we learn where they were hidden or, more importantly, who they were sold to.

Here thaey are- on two CDROMS!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A60340-2004Jan6?language=printer

blind faith in your leaders yada yada. Open your eyes kid.