American Truck Simulator heads to the land of granola, Mighty Ducks, and Portlandia

Title American Truck Simulator heads to the land of granola, Mighty Ducks, and Portlandia
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When July 3, 2018

https://youtu.be/sCR7nch5dMQ

SCS Software presents Oregon! The Beaver State! The Pacific Northwest is a decidedly different landscape from what players are used to in American Truck Simulator’s current build…

Read the full article

Aw, you tricked me. I thought there was going to be a release date! Also, did you mean to link to that post rather than the video footage one from yesterday?

Did they eventually get the licenses for using actual American trucks in the game? IIRC, that was a major issue at launch.

Also, I hope they don’t recycle the same few basic overpasses and intersections over and over again like in ETS2.

I don’t think they have any new (brand) licences since launch, but they do have two American truck brands in there. And there are mods for all sorts (it’s a very active mod community).

Edit: I should note that SCS have said they are close to securing a new licence, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Finally, they’re going north! I was worried they were going to do Texas next. Desert trucking is uniquely American, but it gets old fast.

This one state at a time business is going to outlive me, I think.

Yea how long til they get to Michigan lol.

Not until they develop the technology to properly simulate potholes along with three separate paving materials used on the same stretch of road.

The Mighty Ducks are in Anaheim, BTW…

Two Kenworth and two Peterbilt models. And like Ginger says, they do say they’ve secured a new license and will be ready to announce soon. (Can’t find their post now to verify what they actually said…) I’d like a Mack myself.

They do.

Well, there’s a lot more variety than there was in base ETS 2. Even ETS2 these days has fairly decent variety of junctions in its newer maps.