American Truck Simulator and its older sibling, European Truck Simulator

You can also disable traffic fines if you feel like it. I do that sometimes because I think its overly-sensitive and doesn’t allow enough time to adjust when the posted speed drops. And traffic lights cycles also seem really short sometimes.

There’s mods that help with both of the above issues as an alternative to disabling it entirely.

What I did is mod the fines down to about 10%, because they’re enormous and just getting dinged for a couple tiny violations can wipe out an entire trip’s profit.

Woohoo! Come visit me in scenic Idaho:

Will they capture how desolate the stretch from Glenns Ferry to Boise is?

I’ve driven I-84 thru Idaho more than I ever want to again, thank you very much.

I-90 on the other hand up north is where I spent time growing up. Visit the White Shangri-La of Hayden Lake!

All kidding aside, I will take the worst stretch of Idaho over the best stretch of Nebraska any day.

Driving I-80 you have about 1500 miles of suck before you hit anything worthwhile.

Well I mean they call 'em the plain states for a reason.

There should be a train or moving track to park your car on and sleep. A ferry to get you across Nebraska.

No joke, I would absolutely love that. Get on at Quad Cities (Iowa side) get off in Cheyanne.

DUDE. What if – what if – hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on – what if you just pulled your car onto the highway and ha ha HAAAAAA – DUDE – what if, you just, you know, you just parked there? And then DUDE, and then, what iffffffffffff, the road just moved you where you wanted to go.

Aren’t these types of games obsolete now that Death Stranding exists?

That might be the one thing I’ve heard about Death Stranding that most makes me want to play it.

-Tom

Probably more interesting than Idaho is this news (which also applies to ETS2):

Also, ETS2 is finally getting Spain!

I kind of hope so. I’m waiting for Death Stranding to come out on PC so someone can mod out all the Kojima bullshit and turn it into Iceland Backpacking Simulator.

You guys are insane. The revolution of ETS/ATS was to have RPG crap-layers and no single combat whatsoever. Fights ruin Death Stranding over and over. It’s a massive stepback to the wonderful genre.

That’s why I want someone to mod all that stuff out. I think it would be great just keeping the traversal, weight-juggling and infrastructure bits.

Oh sorry, I thought you only meant to remove the incredibly moving human theatre provided by the accute regard of the greatest author of our time. *g*

I mean, I definitely want that to be removed too. I’d probably be playing it on PS4 now if it wasn’t for the story crap. But ideally it wouldn’t have the combat either.

Or why not take the important bits of Nebraska with you wherever you go?