And another franchise to F2P: Ghost Recon Online

Hahaha…Ghost Phantoms? Why stop there? The name could have been so much more - Ghost Recon Phantom Apparitions!

I would have put a “spectre”, “Ghost Recon Spectre Phantom Omega” it sounds more “military”, but oh well…

So,eh …say hi to the new Ghost Recon Phantom Assassins…

Seems pretty stealthy to have lots of glowing lights :)

Well, Ghost Recon Phantom Assassin Elites laugh at stealth.

Seems OP.

I don’t think I like where Assassin’s Creed is heading in that screenshot.

Yeah, that is very, very Assassin’s Creed. I assume it’s not just an homage, but are tying in mechanics somehow?

Sorry, I should have said so, but its a new costume pack you can purchase for the game, since both games are Ubisoft.

It’s actually a really old (almost 2 years) costume pack that was just brought back. Just nitpickin

the game is really, really fun and a great shooter that is marred by a horrible F2P model that is very tough to compete without dropping loads of cash.

Tell us more about it’s awesomeness.

A game can be perfectly fun and still suck. All aspects of actual gameplay are very good in my opinion. what kills it is guns that you can only get for cash being far better, armor the same, and grenades costing money and being great. End result is that without spending money you can’t sustain competitiveness.

If you’re the type of person that can have fun without being ‘the best’ or you can ignore the temptation of spending money to keep up, the game is pretty good still. What’s sad is it USED to be amazing all around, then they tweaked numbers that made it too hard to keep up with in-game currency.

Amazingly, this was still up and running. Until now.

http://grpforums.ubi.com/showthread.php?66136-Ghost-Recon-Phantoms-is-coming-to-an-end-%85

[quote]
The shutdown of the game will take place on December the 1st. The game will stay available until then, and we wish you a lot of fights until the end. The in game shop will remain available, but you won’t have any more the possibility to purchase Ghost Coins.

We encourage you to use this time to use any Ghost Coins you have – as well as settle any scores you may have with opposing teams!

In line with our terms of sale, we hereby inform you that there will be no refund of any virtual currency you have spent in the game or for any resources you still may own on shutdown date, nor any conversion of any remaining virtual currency to another game.[/quote]

Game was amazing when I played it in the beta. Best multiplayer tactical experience I’ve had and things were setup in a way that basically forced (in a good and smooth way) people to coordinate and communicate as they went.

Sadly shortly after that they got more and more greedy and pay to win then I just gave up. Paying real money so you can keep enough grenades around to compete was pretty lame.

Mirrors my experience exactly.

Had a ton of fun early in the game’s lifespan, but as soon as those pricey DLC packs started rolling out it became P2W.