And now, your top 10 Qt3 Games... of the last decade!

That’s a pretty decent list of games. Thanks for all that work! Considering I didn’t play a full half of the top 10 and only booted up EUIV for a few minutes of play, I can’t complain. Only three of my listed games were in the top 10, but a solid eight were in the top 50 of the decade. I’m sad to see that Journey didn’t even hit in the top 100, and Pillars of Eternity should have had more love.

Pillars of Eternity - 63
Life is Strange - 19
Journey - 105
Guild Wars 2 - 42
Diablo 3 - 8
Grim Dawn - 27
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 1
Sid Meier’s Civilization V - 21
Fallout: New Vegas - 19

Now let’s filter the games by year of release and retroactively adjust the QT3 games of each year of the decade…

Crusader Kings II at eleven!!! I demand a recount…

I would have campaigned against that notion. Civ 5 was one of my favorite games of the decade, while I very much dislike Civ 6… It wouldn’t have made sense to combine them to me.

Surprised that everyone fell off the WoW wagon this decade. I would have named WoW as my game of last decade but I quit cold turkey around the time of Mists of Pandaria.

Thank you! Cool stuff.

Four of my top 10 appeared on precisely no one else’s list. So I’m the very definition of niche.

I checked back to see if voting differently would have pushed it into the top 10, but nope, it’s already my #1 pick.

Mine too! Although Dead Cells and Dungeons of Dredmor are the ones that really got no love

By the way, you guys can check out the config-synonyms sheet to see just how much variation we have to handle manually because y’all are bad at using correct names, lol.

Of course the first dozen and a half or so are leftovers from when I copied it over from the yearly vote.

We need a poll to vote out some of the top ten and then vote others in from the top 20 or so. And the weight of each vote should be determined by how closely they match my own.

I think we need a poll to see which poll we need the most.

I’m pretty happy that I repped a couple of games that probably wouldn’t be on the spreadsheet at all otherwise.

I weep for Dragon’s Dogma.

It’s funny, only one game I voted for made it into the top 10. The top five are an almost ideal list of “very popular games I didn’t care for/bounced off of.”

Well, vinraithety is the spice of life.

Yeah, that probably came out crankier than I meant it to. I should revisit some of these. I like the idea behind all of them, I just didn’t get on with the execution (at least at the time).

I’m looking forward to playing it Vinraith. Dark Souls+Monster Hunter? Yum!

Same. I basically had two classes of game, evenly divided.

Games in the top 10
Games with my vote being the only one (Napoleon Total War, Hogwarts Battles, X-wing) or one other vote (Bastion, Unity of Command)

I had/have a unique voters sheet in there but it’s really geared up to use for the ranked scoring for end of year voting so I think it’s not as helpful for this decade vote. But I do like to look at who the unique voters are and what unique games are getting votes, particularly #1 votes. Check it out, maybe it will still sort of work

I just can’t believe no one else voted for Hadean Lands. :)

I want to repeat what everyone else has said: thanks much to @Scotch_Lufkin for organizing this and doing a great fantastic writeup (I got quoted! I feel special :) And thanks to @arrendek for making such a useful spreadsheet. (I want to tinker with it. Spreadsheet tinkering is a hobby of mine.)

The conclusion I draw from the top ten is that we are all a bunch of nerds!

Just as an FYI:

I ran the results one last time with the synonym for Eador and Luke_M’s late vote.

The changes to the top 20 are:
Bloodborne took Slay the Spire’s 16th place spot, which moved to 17th. Because Bloodborne moving broke a tie, Mass Effect 3 moved from tied for 17th to alone at 18th.

That is all.