And Orson Scott Card is writing Ultimate Iron-Man

Giving Warren Ellis control over UFF was the expected fiasco. He didn’t seem to understand the point of the Ultimate universe in the first place –

I don’t really agree that the Ultimate universe was necessary at all, but the point was to have a more grounded, updated, “realistic” universe - without heroes/villains in crazy cartoony costumes and to only gradually and carefully bring in concepts like Aliens, magic, supernatural, gods, etc. (if at all).

Millar/Bendis did a solid job with that concept - and even when Millar brought in the skrulls and the possibility that Thor was what he said he was, those things seemed as strange to the rest of the characters as they would be to readers.

Ellis, on the other hand - decided to give Dr. Doom goat legs and other goofy shit just because he thought it sounded cool. Bleh.

At least Millar is taking over UFF again after this arc.

I was absolutely stunned by Ellis’ poor run on the last FF. My theory is the guy needs to spend less time screwing around on the internet and focus more on his writing.

Honestly, I know he feels trapped in a crap genre, and he probably is, but he’s not going to escape by doing the same quippy junk over and over again.

So … Issue #1?

I don’t know. I got it, but I don’t know what to think about it since all I know about Iron Man is what I’d already read in the Ultimates and that the original was apparently a drunk.

Apparently, OSC doesn’t believe in natural genius, but in a sort of super-brain that permeates the entirety of Tony’s body.

Yeah, that was lame. Otherwise I liked the issue though. It’s no Ultimates, but it’s also better than Ellis/Vaughn’s ultimate universe stuff.