And the official winner of the Qt3 poll for the best game of 2013 is

…Tomb Raider! Easily. From the voting in this thread, here are the top ten with their scores:

1. Tomb Raider (198 points)
  2. Saints Row IV (122 points)
  3. Grand Theft Auto V (95 points)
  4. Last of Us (72 points)
  5. Gone Home (71 points)
  6. Bioshock Infinite (67 points)
  7. Brothers (56 points)
  8. Spelunky (54 points)
  9. XCOM DLC (53 points)
  10. Wargame: Airland Battles (47 points)

And here’s how everything else shook out:

1. State of Decay (46 points)
  2. Papers Please (43 points)
  3. Fire Emblem: Awakening (39 points)
  4. Rogue Legacy (38 points)
  5. Zelda: Link Between Worlds (37 points)
  6. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (33 point)
  7. Europa Universalis IV (32 points)
  8. Don’t Starve (30 points)
  9. Stanley Parable (28 points)
  10. Path of Exile (26 points)
  11. Metro: Last Light (24 points)

And here are the rest of the picks as they start to stack up with the same amounts of points:

22 points: Dishonored DLC, DOTA 2, Eador: Masters of the Broken World,

21 points: Civilization V DLC

20 points: Devil May Cry

19 points: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director’s Cut

18 points: Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen

17 points: The Swapper

15 points: Dominions 4, Gunpoint, Monaco

13 points: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, One Finger Death Punch,

12 points: Battlefield 4, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

11 points: Borderlands 2 DLC, XCOM iOS

9 points: Injustice: Gods Among Us, Kerbal Space Program

8 points: Diablo III, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Shadow Warrior, Wonderful 101

7 points: Dead Rising 3, Euro Truck Simulation, Reus, Sang-Froid, Shadowrun Returns, Splinter Cell Blacklist

6 points: Antichamber, Guacamelee, Marvel Puzzle Quest, Payday 2, Pokemon X/Y

5 points: Agricola, Card Hunter, Crusader Kings 2 DLC, Empire: Four Kingdoms, Distant Worlds DLC, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, Football Manager 2014, Hotline Miami, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Lego Marvel Superheroes, Kentucky Route Zero, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, NBA 2k14, Ni No Kuni, Pinball FX 2, Runner 2, Smite, Soul Sacrifice, Tiny Thief

4 points: Beyond: Two Souls, Etrian Odyssey IV, Battle of the Bulge, Eve Online DLC, Expeditions: Conquistadors, MLB: The Show '14, Pikmin 3, Pinball Arcade, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Sir You Are Being Hunted, Skylanders Swap Force, Solstice Arena, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Super Luigi U, Sword of the Stars: The Pits, Tearaway, Unepic, Unity of Command: Black Turn, Van Helsing

3 points: Aces Wild, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, Duck Tales Remastered, Luigi’s Mansion, Phoenix Wright, Paint It Black, Race the Sun, Risk of Rain, Rymdkapsel, Rome 2, Super Hexagon, Trials Evolution Gold

2 points: Dust, Dungeonland, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragons, Front Office Football, Gran Turismo 6, Little Inferno, Marvel Heroes, Mechwarrior Online, Remember Me, Ridiculous Fishing, Rocksmith, Ryse, Sorcery, Warframe, XCOM: The Bureau

1 point: Avadon 2, Desktop Dungeons, Dead Man’s Draw, Driftmoon, Forza 5, Eclipse, Forced, Lords of Waterdeep, Kingdom Rush Frontiers, Lego Batman 2, Mario Kart 7, Mars: War Logs, Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, Resogun, Rayman Legends, Sims 3 DLC, Skullgirls, Steamworld Dig, Super Mario 3D World, Tales of Taj’Eyal, Terraria, Typing of the Dead: Overkill

Thanks to everyone for voting!

-Tom

Good stuff. I have Tomb Raider sitting in my Steam library, so I’m going to have to move it’s backlog priority up. :)

I would complain that no one voted for minecraft, but I have myself to blame. I am totally blind and didn’t notice the poll until it was over.

Hah, yeah - For some reason, I always thought I had more time, but I guess Dragons Dogma and State of Decay did nicely enough without my votes. I would have voted for a Warband mod as well, just to enhance Tom’s day ;-)

Thanks for doing this!

Crushing win for Tomb Raider!

How many people voted in the end, Tom?

I also didn’t vote, because I thought the only 2013 game I played was Tomb Raider and Typing of the Dead: Overkill.
I love these kinds of lists, as reference to future Steam sales.

Great job and a s**t load of work spent! Thanks Tom! :)

The QT3 hivemind voted the same No. 1 as Shipwreck of the CAGcast (currently listening to that episode. CheapyD voted it No. 2 and Wombat I think No. 3.
Just saying :)

My personal No. 1 given that I usually am several years late due to a huge backlog and therefore only played a tiny part of 2013 releases: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Nice work on the list Tom.

I’m playing through Tomb Raider right now(it’s really good) so thanks everyone for talking it up and getting me to buy the game.

Thanks for your work putting this together, Tom. Time to go sit in the corner of non-hiveminding shame since the top game I voted for came in 15th.

I’ve only played 3 of the top 10 (TR, Spelunky, Brothers). At least you allowed my vote for Kerbal Space Program! :)

I’m surprised Monaco scored so low. :(

I’d like to see half-yearly awards, only because a year is a really long time. I’d have no idea what I played last week if it wasn’t tracked by various programs (e.g. Steam).

I’m glad to see Wargame snuck in there among the AAA behemoths and the indie darlings!

Just made my way through Tomb Raider a couple of weeks ago. A worthy winner.

I’m a little pissed at myself for not waiting for the updated version scheduled this year, but oh well. Maybe I’ll get the craving for another round once it’s released.

Anyway, thanks for the effort of tallying it all up and so forth. :)

That’s not a bad position considering most posters at Qt3 don’t own that platform. Look at it this way, it came in 2nd for that platform right? I know if it ever gets ported to a non-handheld, I’ll check out both those games.

Also thanks to Tom for putting the work in to do this. I thought it would be closer, but most of the later voters didn’t vote for Saints Row IV.

Also, more of you should play the Stanley Parable.

And it looks like I should think about how to play Metro Last Night somehow. Hopefully they’ll port it to Xbox One or PS4. I just don’t trust a game like that to my PC. The first Metro brought my brand new (at the time) 5850HD to its knees and it didn’t even look all that much better than the 360 version.

Woo, got one in the top 5! (Go Gone Home :D)

This vote did make me realize just how few games released in 2013 I actually played (I think the count was 5, but one–Sim City–did not make my list, so I included the game I watched most, Starcraft 2: HOTS). Free time and free income were scarce this year, and Steam backlogs make dealing with either of those things seem less pressing thanks to the amount of older stuff I want to play through.

Guess I need to check out TR at some point, though. At my current pace, that should be mid-way through next year :)

Nice! All five of my picks got in the top ten and my #1 was also Tomb Raider!

You disappoint me QT3. :/

Thanks for your work, Tom!

Seems like I should have paid that 10€ for Tomb Raider at the sale but I was waiting for the magic 5€ price point…

It’s sad to see Zelda not breaking into the top ten but this was to be expected, I guess.

Guys, I know you like your PC and 360 games but you really have to play Zelda! It’s that good!

It even has an awesome baseball minigame! I couldn’t stop with that until I got the heart piece after a gazillion rounds… and I don’t even like baseball!

This reminds me how many 2013 releases I didn’t play at all, but yeah, note to self: add Tomb Raider to the queue.

I resemble this remark. Out of the top 20, I played…#20, Path of Exile. That’s it. Didn’t touch any of the top 19.

Great list, happy to see Tomb Raider get some much-deserved love. Biggest group-slight I think on the entire list is probably Rayman Legends getting a single vote/point.