And worst interface in a pirate game goes to

Since it’s award season I thought I’d give this special prize to pirates of the caribbean. Right click to move forward, left click back. Kind of like the old wizardtry games except we’re in the world of 3-d now You also have the distinct privilige of memorizing 15 hotkeys. Bethesda you put the F U back in fun.

I really enjoyed this game for a few months. I played it on xbox, so i never had a grumble with the controls.

go check out
http://www.piratesahoy.net/

Its the best fansite around for all things piratical, and as you have the PC version, its got lots of fan-made improvements and mods that might resolve some things for you? I loved the sailing part of the game, a really relaxing and beutiful part of the game imho.

I like how they even have a weekly report on real-life incidents of piracy. :)

I agree. I think I never even got onto the deck of the ship you start on, I was so appalled and dismayed by the “control” scheme.

I agree. I think I never even got onto the deck of the ship you start on, I was so appalled and dismayed by the “control” scheme.[/quote]

Not Bethesda (they were the publisher) but Akella (who developed it). POTC is Sea Dogs 2 with a slim license tie-in forcing the name change, a map change to make it more Carribeanish, and not much else going for it. IMO.

AWw, that’s a bit harsh! I quite enjoyed it. Never finished it (not unusual) but it amused me :)

Best pirate game out at the time it was!

AWw, that’s a bit harsh! I quite enjoyed it. Never finished it (not unusual) but it amused me :)

Best pirate game out at the time it was!