And you thought the Oregon Ducks football uniforms were bad

Kentucky is having the same designer do a new court for them:

Nice one on the UK floor image. I love the “Plausible Deniability” part.
Oddly enough, at the moment Coach Cal has moral superiority over my Vols and Bruce Pearl, so I can’t really say much more. Damn you Bruce, we thought you were better than this!

Also, the Oregon court is just wrong, it’s an attack on the senses. I sort of like their football unis about three times per year, but the other eight or nine games I hate them. Why do they keep doing this?

Because Phil Knight only unofficially owns the UO. In a few more years once it is renamed Nike U stuff like this will stop.

Also, recruits love, [i]love[/i] Oregon’s football unis. They mention it all the time. No one is going to pick a school solely based on uniforms, but it can’t hurt to get yourself noticed.

Who knows how 16 year old basketball players are going to react to this court.

To the OP, you’re kidding about the new football uniforms right? The black one is particularly badass:

I had the same reaction. I kept asking myself “Are those T’s? Are they Pi’s? Do they make sense either way?” Horrible court.

It’s not TTATT, it’s a stylized logo for the arena, which is officially called Matthew Knight Arena. From what I’ve read, the logo is supposed to say “MATT.”

Those are better, much mush better. Just by eliminating the cross hatching.

Buuuuut, The UFC-like fake tattoo wings are still there, the tapered, computer font numbers are still there (particularly heinous is the gray on pee-stained yellow jersey). The black uniform is problematic because black is not in the Ducks color spectrum.

The traditional Oregon colors are green and yellow, and that is a pretty hard combo to screw up. But with Nike’s help they have turned this:

or this

to this…

Damn, maybe the crazy Nike uni’s aren’t as bad as I thought. The first two pics you posted are rather high school looking. Or is Phil Knight winning again by muddling my brain with his aggressive marketing?? I don’t know what looks good any more!!!

I remember thinking ‘fucking disney’ when they named our Anaheim Ducks, but now you are telling me there is another team that took it willingly?

While I don’t believe the name came from Disney, Donald Duck is our mascot. Or at least he was until sometime this year, it seems. It is complicated.

well, they are older pics, and in the first the dude has his fly open and in the second a lot of them have their shirts untucked - 10 laps for all of them. Get going gentlemen! Don’t dog it or you’ll be doing fartlicks until your legs fall off!

And the unis have gotten better this year #6 and #7 in Matt’s picture are totally acceptable in spite of the Affliction T-Shirt razor wings and the tapered TRON numbers (and in particular the fugly metallica gray color outlined in yellow number on the all-green.)