Andor - September 21st - Disney Plus

With the caveat that I didn’t love The Mandalorian as much as everyone else…Andor looks like everything I’ve ever wanted in a Star Wars series. I can’t wait!

This looks great, I’ll sub for this then also watch Obi-Wan since I heard that was just ok. :P

Just to maximize being overly-dramatic, Andor is basically my last hope for Star Wars fandom. The recent trilogy, the prequels, all the shows up until now… it’s all worn away at my star wars fandom down to a nub. I dug Rogue One and this trailer has me excited to check out the show, so here’s hoping it turns out well.

I wish they would just do shows in the SW universe that are new to us. Someone must be able to write an interesting story where we don’t already know the future of the lead character.

Ya…I originally had no desire to watch this as I “know” what happens to the main dude and for me, fiction is all about new experiences…not reliving one characters life before his penultimate ending story already happened.

But, it looks good and from the same guy who did Rogue One so hopefully the same kind of vibe.

Looks great. Still hoping the dudes in blue pleather are Corporate Sector Authority.

It’s very possible they used a volume for this, they know so much more about what they can do with it now. Heck, The Batman had a lot of Volume work and it didn’t feel claustraphobic.

— Alan

Apparently not.

damn that looks good, has same aesthetic as rogue one which is PERFECT for a more mature starwars. Solo almost had it too but the writing was off… this looks so in line with Rogue One its practically a prequel! loved rogue one, my fave of the disney era star wars, far above mandalorian (which i do liek too).

also surprised its 12 episodes… cant wait. seems theyre going all in, was expecting it to be like 4-6 episode miniseries less than obiwan.

Looks great. Does the main guy feature somewhere else in Star Wars lore?

All of Rogue One.

I wonder why they delayed the show.

Ah interesting, thanks!

Yeah Andor is bascially in Rogue One; other than a few other notables like Mon Mothma and Saw Guerrera, the only other prominent person would be ol’ ex-Grand Chancellor Valorum, which was a nice surprise.

— Alan

Actually, is that ex-Chancellor Valorum (Terence Stamp)? I dunno. Could be wrong.

— Alan

No need to worry about CG locations in Andor… possible spoilers in the article. Expands a bit on @BiggerBoat 's article above.

Polygon has a much more spoilery article up too.

That’s interesting about the city (planet?) Ferrix being so big. Will the set wind up being used in other SW properties?

I would suppose, unsupported by evidence, that the Obi-Wan and Boba Fett shows keep going back to Tatooine because The Mandalorian built such impressive/expensive/expansive Tatooinian sets.

(Though Obi-Wan and Fett probably also took place on Tatooine because we the audience knew that Kenobi lived there and Fett probably died there, of course.)

Weird trailer. Most of it is just scenes from Rogue One. The Andor isn’t until the last couple dozen seconds.

Did they just mount giant lightsabers onto the outside of a spaceship?

First episode was excellent. On to the second one.

Ep 2 was slower , but still good, just the typical episode where things have to simmer and build up…

And they built it up to the third episode,which was super thrilling and closes the first arc of the series. although I wonder if the series will keep eyes of what happens to this city,now from the point of view of Bix, the girl

Cant wait to get home tonight.

Alright, just finished the 3rd ep.

What a wonderful feel this show has! The 1st was a great “setup,” the second was some nice exposition, and the 3rd really kicked things off nicely.

Super impressed.