Andor - September 21st - Disney Plus

of course it was stupid to go back, but people do stupid things all the time. Especially when emotions are involved. Some of the smartest people make the dumbest decisions all the time. That’s part of why people criticizing movies on character motivations usually rub me wrong. People say things like ‘they never would have done that’ or ‘I have no idea why they did that’. That’s how people are. Seldom are people truly predictable, even more so when emotionally compromised.

I’m glad someone else caught that and had the same thought.
I can’t imagine what a GPU must cost if reconditioned heat sinks are selling for 500 credits a pop! =)

Yeah, this right here. There isn’t always a great reason other than, “Mom died and I need to be there.” I mean, if you wouldn’t want to be there, what does that say about you, or your mom, or both?

Hah, I could have actually responded along those lines but it would be a super low blow.

Nice answers, everyone–I understand the show better now plus I’m totally going to win this argument over the next beer.

If you want to poke at something, it could be the incredibly convenient timing of Andor finding out about the funeral in time to get there (but who cares).

I was pretty upset his friend didn’t just tell him his mom had passed and it was all done and gone. He was away long enough it would have made sense.

Nah. She was important not just to Andor but to the people of Ferrix. Her death was a huge deal which was why her words meant so much and were able to incite riot.

Yeah, can’t imagine how GPU heatsinks would fit in thematically to a scene about profit-driven upgrade cycles and forced obsolescence…

Just like how a polaroid camera would have nothing to say about a technology moving away from being totally functional when self contained to utterly dependent on access to a network someone else controls.

A nice video about the politics in the series and in SW in general

Often I see modern architecture like this:

And I think, people have not understood Darth Vader and his boys are supposed to be the bad guys, not something to aspire to! And then I realise these are the sort of houses that get bought by the kind of people who vote fascist, or alt-right or whatever name they hide behind and yeah… For some people, the empire do not come across as a template of evil, but an example of how to be.

And it’s not like expensive architecture for rich parasite cunts has to look oppressively fascist, I mean this one looks like something Mon Mothma would own:

OTOH, sometimes a house is just a house. I’ve never had a house tell me its political opinions, it’s just a house.

I’ve walked in the street where the headquarters of Portugal’s former secret police was, where people got tortured, and didn’t get any kind of “what a fascist adjacent but definitely authoritarian building this is”.

Brutialist architecture and design is a thing, but that top house just looks like an expensive vacation cottage on AirBnB.

For reference, here’s Darth Vader’s house during Rogue One, so during Andor unless he moves during season 2. I guess I can see the dark colors and the triangle? It looks like Vader uses geothermal instead of solar, though.

Okay. That is a weird take on Andor and SW architecture, but whatever floats your boat as they say.

and technically speaking you don’t know what Mon Mothma’s style would be since she lives in basically the senator’s residence, which is always the same no matter who is there. So not by choice.

“Weird take” exploded.

— Alan

If there was one principle that Mon Mothma stood for, believed in with her whole heart, would sacrifice her dearest relationships for… it was the greater good.

Just the one bank account, actually.

Keeping with @BrianRubin’s image:

I love you guys.