Android caller ID question

I have a nexus 6P phone. I believe that in the past my caller ID used to show names, but now it only ever shows phone numbers. Does anyone know why this is or if there is a setting somewhere to fix this?

Probably Qualcomm’s fault.

LOL @ JPR

Sorry, I’d poke around for a setting. I don’t know of anything. :( If you have fi or google voice look for a setting there too.

I do have fi, I didn’t think to look there. I did look at the phone app and goggled this a bit though.

ediit: Nope, nothing there. Further googling suggests going to the phone app and turing caller ID on or off, but nothing about names being missing.

Can you try adding a country code to the number? I had theat problem on a phone, cant remember which. Fixed it when I made the contacts numbers to include +65

I use True Caller for call screening.

Hmm, sorry, I have supported and fi, but don’t have the issue with not showing names… Although generally it only shows names if it matches someone in my contact list already.

Yes, the stock dialer app would often show you the caller’s name even if it wasn’t in your contacts. I believe that functionality was lost in a recent update. Try reverting to the older version.

I opened a ticket with the project FI team. They basically told me it is because the other carrier does not transmit that information. I think this is BS.

For me it has always been like this, since I’ve been on Project Fi. Before that, I used a Oneplus One, with Cyanogenmod, which had Truecaller built in. So I had to get used to the change when I switched to a Nexus 6p and Project Fi.

I’m used to it now.

But this thread inspired me to install Truecaller. It’s not part of the operating system this time, but why not? I’ll give it a try.