Android Games Thread

Thank you! I’ve been wanting to try this, but I always forget to check the free app of the day.

Amazon is also having a sale on a few games, including Out There and Monument Valley for $1.99 each.

New Humble Mobile Bundleis up:

Base:
Eliss Infinity
Duet Premium
Combo Crew

BTA:
Threes!
Mines of Mars
Joe Dever’s Lone Wolf

I can’t vouch for any of these directly, but have heard good buzz about Threes, and I liked the previous games by the makers of Duet (Bean’s Quest and Time Surfer)

Manhattan Project was released for Google Play (not sure if this is the correct thread for this news from Pocket Tactics).

The Qt3 League of Leaguelets includes Star Realms, which was just released for digital download for PC and Mac. We aren’t going to start counting results until the middle of next week so that new folks (like me) can warm up to the game.

I’ve been playing Joe Dever’s Lone Wolf from the humble mobile bundle, and I really like it. It’s basically a gamebook, but then during combat it turns into a little mini action-rpg while you fight a few enemies. The combat is reasonably fun (like, I don’t have to pretend part of my phone is a gamepad), and the production values are high throughout, but mostly I like it because I was a huge fan of the original Lone Wolf books when I was a nerdy young man.

Bonus: most of the original Lone Wolf books are also online, playable in a browser for free!

How about something close to the classic Aces of the Deep on tablets:

http://www.subsim.com/reviews/review_crash_dive.php

Oh hey it’s available on Amazon so I can use my spacebucks!

Another round of free apps on the amazon app store. Highlights include Heroes of Steel from the Trese brothers, and Threes! which my wife is addicted to and taunts me with her high score routinely.

Also, while you’re there check out this amazing name for a game: “Real Speed: Need for Asphalt Race - Shift to Underground CSR Addiction” (does amazon count page visits? no links just in case.) I’m sure there are more words in invisitext, somewhere.

Shadowrun Returns is currently $2.49 on the Play Store, which is the lowest I’ve ever seen it.

Amazon app store is giving 40 apps for free this weekend. Notables are Devil’s Attorney, Plex, Plants vs Zombies, Fruit Ninja, Sonic 4 Ep 1, World of Goo.

Thank 'ee Floppy!

Awsome, thanks! They have Knock-Knock, too!

Who’s there, 3.

–> redirected to jokes funny only to me thread.

Has anyone used Boxer Pro for yahoo/gmail/etc? How is its IMAP support? How does it compare to K-9?

Looked through the thread and picked up some stuff, just wondering if anyone has any new ‘must have’ recommendations for someone who just got a nexus 7!?!?

Soulcalibur is on sale for $4, I think it’s usually $14

I’d say The Elder Scrolls and Out There, as far as games that I still fire up after having beat them. Hoplite and Rebuild are also good (the sequel to Rebuild is in beta right now, but the first one is still quite good).

I love Hoplite. As a pick up and play game it is unparalleled.

My #1 suggestion would be installing the Amazon app store for the FAotD (Free App of the Day).

A lot of it is junk, but they frequently run specials with multiple free apps for 24+ hours. Over the past couple years I’ve amassed an embarrassment of FAotD riches, including more games than I’ve even had time to play or download.

As specific suggestions, I’d second Hoplite and Rebuild (Hoplite is quite short but I really enjoyed it).

I can’t really suggest “must haves” without knowing your tastes, but here’s a list of most of my favorites:
Board games:
Carcassonne
Catan (as in “Settlers of…”)
Domination (Risk clone)
Ticket to Ride (haven’t actually tried the app, but I’m looking forward to it.)

Turn based strategy:
Star Realms (my current favorite)
Frozen Synapse
Ravenmark: Mecenaries (I really love this game’s units and tactical options, especially the ‘We-go’ order system, but it requires a net connection to play and the main focus is async multiplayer).
Summoner wars
Great Big War Game (lots of unit types and a long campaign, but it’s also very simplistic/generic)
Templar Assault (like Space Hulk)
UniWar
Hunters: Episode One (A nice tactical TBS system with characters that level up, but it lacks a story to tie missions together).

Also:
Plants vs. Zombies
Osmos HD
Inferno+
Anomaly: Korea
Bardbarian
Star command
World of Goo

@thither: What is this “The Elder Scrolls” game you speak of?

I’m searching on Google play, but all I’ve found are game guides and an app with the in-game books.