Android Games Thread

Still incompatible with the Nexus 6 though :(

Huh. That’s weird. Any idea why?

Star Wars: Knights of the old republic now available at the Google play store. On sale for 4.99. Merry Christmas

Not optimized for QHD devices. The response I got from support said they are working on it.

Amazon App store has a bunch of freebies today. Five Nights at Freddys, Terraria, and Anomaly Warzone Earth among them, as well as other stuff like Plex.

Holy cow… I need probably none of that, yet I’m downloading like crazy. Good thing I have free storage space available.

I’ve feel like I’ve been doing nothing but playing the single player campaign of galaxy trucker for the last few days. So damn good. I haven’t even touched Battlelore yet.

I’m a couple days late, but I just bought 3 excellent TBS bargains on the Google play store:

Shadowrun Returns ($0.99)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.harebrainedschemes.shadowrun
Skulls of the Shogun ($0.49)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seventeenbit.skullsoftheshogun
Hitman GO ($0.99)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.squareenixmontreal.hitmango

All 3 are supposedly compatible with my Nexus 7, but I’ve only installed the first two and played Skulls of the Shogun.

I just bought a brand new android tablet, a Asus Transformer TF103, and I was so excited to finally play Kingdom Rush Frontiers & Origin on it.

Carrier not supported

WTF? Brand new? Intel Inside? I would think that every android game would work. How many other titles are spotty on support for different tablets?

If you were buying from amazon, it could be Kindle fire only?

Apparently, it’s an Intel-specific issue, based on a quick Googling of “Asus Transformer Kingdom Rush” and reviews talking about how the Intel chip flags it as incompatible with a lot of popular apps/software.

There’s another big Amazon Appstore set of free apps including 80 Days and Sorcery 2, both of which are supposed to be pretty good.

Days of Wonder put Ticket to Ride on sale on Google Play again for $2.99. It’s also discounted at Steam if you’re more interested in the PC version.

It’s not a game, but Sleep As Android is a ton of fun and in this sale; it’s one of those apps that can track your movements and snoring during sleep to help you calculate hours/minutes of REM, percentage of time spent snoring, etc. It can also record talking in your sleep automatically, provide reminders of when to go to bed to catch up on sleep debt, and even time its alarm to try to wake you up from a stage of sleep that won’t make you feel quite so groggy when you do come up. I think (but am not sure) that it also has a few built in “sleep noises” (e.g., rain, fans, etc.). Best of all, it keeps track of all your data and provide’s a nerd’s dream-worth of charts, reports, and the like for you to examine for months afterward.

I bought a bq recently, is a nice machine. Of the games the Secret Elders Of The Internet have recommended to me is Terra Battle. Is a interesting game, so I refwd the recomendation.

I played Terra Battle for 3 months straight and finally uninstalled it last month. The grind wall for each character after level 30 is incredibly high. Also, I thought that finally getting SS rank characters should be fun, but they take like 50% more XP to level up, and not all SS chars are even any good.

Downloaded Assassin’s Creed Pirates for my Galaxy S Tab 10.5. All of the cut scene characters are upside down. WTF?

I just discovered Wayward Souls and my god it might be the best Android game I’ve ever played. Tight controls, random levels, different characters, challenging combat. Loooooving it.

What is this Wayward Souls? I would hear more of it.

Looks roguelike to me.

I have a suggestion. The best one of these games I’ve played, as in most geneous and actually fun rather than a grind, is called divine gate. Its made by gung HO of puzzles and dragons and only available in Japan. It has almost every menu in English though, and is really easy to navigate. You can evolve your characters Pretty much just through normal creatures, and they give you a lot of free currency. Plus, they have a ticket system for the leveling materials so you can always go to them whenever you want instead of certain days. It’s the best one I’ve played by far. If you like anime, even better, since they have very frequent anime collaborations where you can go through dungeons of those animes and unlock characters.

http://youtu.be/vPutoHrp6rY some gameplay. It looks confusing but is easy to understand once you start.

To download you need to have qooapp, so just search for the apk. It’s pretty easy.