Android Games Thread

Thanks Kyle700, I’ll check out Divine Gate soon. I’ve glommed onto another f2p called Destiny of Spirits, which is exclusive to Vita (!!!). I just started a week ago, and it seems more generous right now, although it could be that I’ve not progressed far enough yet. I’m also a sucker for historical mythological beings…

My daughter is big into all the anime stuff, so Divine Gate sounded like just the thing. I’m thinking I should have watched the youtube video before I dove into it. Found qooapp easy enough, and managed to find Divine Gate, but now when loading the game I can’t even get past the privacy notice screen. My Japanese skills are non-existant, and looking at the youtube video after the fact says that I may have no hope were I able to actually get in game :)

Wikia is your friend.

EDIT: Hang on. You can’t get that main screen yet. Any chance you can take a screenshot of the opening page? I don’t have the app loaded so I can’t see it.

EDIT 2: Maybe Wikia is still your friend?

EDIT 3: Giant english discussion & help thread, for future reference.

None of those links is exactly what I’m seeing (I’m getting a browser loading up with a privacy notifcation page), but I installed it myself directly from qooapp, and wikia seems to have alternate ways to install which may get around my issue. Thanks for pointing it out, I should be able to get it working from there.

Just a PSA that the free amazon coins from the GTA:SA promotion last year should be going up in flames soon (they expire after a year, I believe.)

I haven’t had the chance to get very far in Sorcery 3, but if 2 is anything to go by it’ll be worth the money. I grabbed KOTOR for 2.99 even though I probably won’t play it. Anything other recommendations for Amazon Appstore?

Kind of a shame since I don’t know exactly how Amazon handles their Android coins. I’ve probably spent the GTA:SA promo’s total in coins, but I’ve picked up more coins in the interim. Not sure if each addition of coins has its own expiration date or if each time you add coins it pushes it back. May try to use them up just to be on the safe side.

In any case, got $13 worth left and not sure what I wanna burn it on. Sorcery 3’s a good suggestion though, I’ll probably snap that up unless I find some expensive thing I couldn’t get otherwise.

I’ll point out that Sorcery 1 and 2, as well as 80 Days by the same developer, have all shown up in Humble Mobile bundles, so it’s a good bet that 3 will as well at some point.

I wound up blowing most of my credit on apps for the kids (Monkey Preschool series, various interactive books).

Yep, that’s the only reason I haven’t already snapped up Sorcery 3. They’ve all been free at various points on Amazon, too.

I got Sorcery 1 free from App of the Day, and 2 from HB. I figured Inkle deserved full price for 3 (especially since it’s not my money.)

Hmm. I didn’t realize that the Amazon coins would expire.
@Squee:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201357540

Coins you earn expire one year after the later of the date we give them to you or the date you last purchased or redeemed Coins.

I guess I don’t need to spend all my coins, but I need to buy something to keep things refreshed…

I’d been thinking about Banner Saga, but I decided it would probably look/play better on PC.
Still, maybe Weird Worlds would play well on a 7" tablet?
I’ve also thought about Magic 2015 or Summoner Wars (I’m guessing I can buy boosters with coins?), or King of Dragon Pass, Elder Sign: Omens, Out There, or Plague Inc.

Ah! thanks for that, didn’t realize they get refreshed.

In case anyone cares, GTA San Andreas from the Amazon store is now playable on more than just Amazon’s stuff.

If you’re liking World of Warships and want to get your broadside fix on the go, I recommend Pacific Fleet. It’s single player and not as detailed as WoWs, but I’m enjoying it. There is a free light version that you can take for a spin so you don’t have to pay cash blind.

pacific fleet is GREAT. I have played through it about four times both sides. These guys are about to put out their newest game, called atlantic fleet. So keep an eye out for that.

Atlantic Fleet complete.

If no issues are found in the next few days, the plan is to submit Atlantic Fleet for review sometime later next week.

Amazon is giving away a few apps and games. Ends Saturday night.

Seems that I posted 2 week old news above. This is newer. Atlantic Fleet released to iTunes store. Android delayed.

Launch trailer.

Atlantic Fleet is now out for Android. Looks like there are startup crashes on some devices. Works fine on my Galaxy Tab S 10.5.

I should really play Pacific Fleet on my Android more.

Atlantic Fleet, Pocket Tactics review.

The game has been given a dramatic visual facelift over its predecessor and each ship has a detailed visual damage model that lets you see invidual turrets and radars getting knocked out. If you want some post-work catharsis from an easy fish-in-a-barrel scenario, lobbing high-explosive shells at cruisers and watching them turn into 200-meter Roman candles, you can do that. But if you want to play it as a cerebral tactical sim, you can do that too.