Android Games Thread

I’m tempted. How well does it work on a phone screen (5")?

Very well. Pacific fleet is also WAY easier than Atlantic at first glance. The new game has been kicking my butt ( a little, due to witchering)

Yeah, lots of new mechanics and no official manual out yet. Which does not mean I won’t be playing it.

Manual for Atlantic Fleet now available.

Android games are the devil. At least all the freemium stuff is. I mean, look at Tap Titans. What a dumbass game. Who the hell would play a game that is nothing but tapping the screen? Why yes, my hero is lvl 500, why do you ask? And Puzzle & Dragons? Seriously - the puzzle aspect is okay, but the whole pokemon gotta catch them all thing? And then you read the guides about wanting to reroll your starting character until you get something worthwhile. What time consuming drivel! Good thing I got a decent god (DQXQ) after only 12 rerolls eh?

I’m almost ashamed enough to go back to a flip phone just so I don’t have this stuff around.

The only game I play is threes. It used to be sudoku.

The good news is that all the garbage (which you have correctly identified) is easy to ignore.

I don’t mind an appropriately skinned Skinner box (Final Fantasy Record Keeper, currently), but puzzle games are where I spend most of my time. MathDokuis a delight.

Okay, having these labeled under ‘skinner box’ now makes me feel even worse.

OH DAMN Y’ALL IT’S YOU MUST BUILD A BOAT DAY

ALL CAPS ARE TOTALLY APPROPRIATE TO THIS MESSAGE

(New game from the 10000000 guy. Super pumped.)

And some of the $13+ I’ve earned from Google Rewards Surveys goes toward that immediately!

Haha, yep!

Did a search and saw nothing so forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

Pixel Dungeon is a roguelike that’s a lot of fun. There are also mods in different flavors like:

Skillful Pixel Dungeon

Shattered Pixel Dungeon
Soft pixel Dungeon
I have all four

I discovered a nice F2P game called Blood Brothers 2 last week. It can get expensive trying to keep up with the power players, but I’ve been going at it with my office mates and it has been fun even for those who don’t spend a single cent. I’ve been dipping my toes into P2P mode, and spending money does give me a boot strap not enough to propel me to the top of the rankings but enough that I feel like I didn’t throw money into the ocean.

Lifeline is pretty great.

Fallout Shelter is now available for Android if anyone is interested. Other that the optional payments, looks like a full little simulator.

Sweet, thanks for the head’s up.

On a side note: fuck, it’s almost the middle of August already??

Scribblenauts: Remix is Amazon’s FAotD for another 8 hours:

Goat simulator is also free today…

And courtesy of ineffablebob’s post this in the Bargain Thread, Amazon supposedly has $90 in free apps this weekend.

I grabbed it an fooled around with it for a bit. Please tell me it’s not one of those things that doesn’t pause when I turn it off, because who has time for that crap? Does it have a thread here (I half-heartedly looked for one in an analog way, looking at thread titles, but didn’t find anything)? I kept running into running out of food and water but having plenty of energy, what’s up with that? It seems that people are more suited for working in a particular room in the shelter based on some dominant SPECIAL attribute, but they aren’t super clear on what those are that I can see.

Fallout Shelter thread.

Thanks for the link, Rich.