Android - what's in your pocket?

Fair.

Budget good enough option, Moto z play. eBay has new box for about 310 shipped. Average specs but great battery life.

Just make sure you don’t accidentally buy the international version because it will be missing some important frequencies for the US.

Is the Z Play a good option for a guy who likes outdoors? I backpack about 300-400 miles a year and my Droid Turbo is really starting to go south, but I can’t stand having to have a phone charging all the time while walking.

Sure, it’s the best consumer battery life without buying a really weird phone just for it. You’ll still need a charger if you’re away for more than two days though.

The Sprint site doesn’t list the Moto Z at all. I wonder if it’ll be in stores.

Looks like the Moto Z Play doesn’t have a CDMA version so no Sprint. Well Verizon has their own CDMA version but I don’t think Sprint allows that.

I would say take a look at the new Moto g5 Plus. It’s “only” got a 3000 mAh battery but its processor is also a power sipper and it’s only $300 on Amazon for the 64GB, 4GB RAM model. If I were getting a new phone today that’s probably the one I would get (currently using Moto X Play). I believe it works fine on Verizon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MR2ZFBI/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1494136899&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=moto+g5+plus&dpPl=1&dpID=51riiKk3VNL&ref=plSrch

The Z Play is about 50 dollars more. Looks like I was wrong about the International Version, it has all the US bands. At least on Tmobile which is what I checked, and not the China version.

Ugh, ~700 single core score? Snapdragon 617? Hideous. Just hid-e-ous.

Why would anyone buy any “cheap” Android phone other than the One Plus 3T ($439)? https://oneplus.net/oneplus-3t

At least for that price you get a semi-competitive 1900 single core score and modern-ish Snapdragon 821 there, which is… at least somewhat above the three year old iPhone 6.

Just try to get some shitbag Qualcomm chipset (because Android is, sadly, synonymous with shitbag Qualcomm chipsets) that’s not a total dog. At least the 821 is decent and in the ballpark of reasonably performing.

You do realize we’re talking about battery life, right?

@BrianRubin, this might intrigue you.

Oh, if battery life is the primary and only concern. Carry on then.

p.s. fuck Qualcomm right in their Qualcomm-hole

God damnit someone triggered wumpus again

Someone should put a trigger warning as part of the title.

Yeah, why would anyone buy a $300 phone rather than a $440 phone? No idea at all.

I honestly can’t tell whether or not he’s deliberately engaging in self-parody.

Dude…are you okay? I mean…this is a bit…wow…

If it’s your own wedding, congrats!

It is, thank you!

I also found out that one can finance a Pixel, so that’s back in consideration.

I’m gonna spend the week researching and such before I finally decide. I really don’t wanna give up my Nexus if I don’t have to.

“No” to HTC because the company (and its support structure etc.) is going down the toilet as an Android also-ran.

If the OnePlus 3/3T had CDMA (since you’re restricted to Sprint?) I’d recommend that as well since it is pretty much vanilla Android. It’s the new Nexus, moreso than Pixel phones.