Android - what's in your pocket?

Has any LastPass user on Android (7.0 so far, but Oreo is coming… someday) run into this: namely, it NEVER lets me use a six digit PIN to unlock it-- always asks for the full password. It does allow a PIN on my iPod so I think I’ve set it up okay. Is there some secret I’m missing?

Mine needed the full password the first time, and fingerprint since.

I’ve been having issues where it will prompt for my PIN and then jump back to the app I launched it from only to ask for my PIN again.

And one time I put in my PIN and then it decided it wanted my full password instead and then once I got that in it asked for my PIN again.

I’m using LastPass for Android just fine on my Pixel 2 running 8.1.0 with fingerprint.

My phone is a Moto G5 Plus, which uses almost stock Android. I do use the “Moto gestures” which allow one to use the fingerprint reader as a navigation button (and thus frees up a bit of screen space). I wonder if that could be it, or if it’s just that I’m still stuck on Nougat.
BTW the other thing that LastPass does that is annoying is that I’m already logged into a website or forums, say, and I go to reply to a thread, and it “helpfully” decides to prompt me to fill in my credentials for the site. Huh?

I had no idea! Suddenly I have a use for the fingerprint reader!

It is pretty cool, but using it also disables split screen mode in Android, so be aware of that if it’s important to you.

Never used it.

Split screen mode? What is this sorcery?

I miss my kyrocera echo!

Whaaaaaaaaa??? This split screen thing is actually very useful in some scenarios. Damn! Glad to know.

Yeah, this split screen thing is fantastic. This is going to make certain things I do at work so much easier.

I think the split screen thing came in with Nougat.

Also awesome is tomahawk chopping the phone to turn on the flashlight or twisting motion to bring up the camera .[quote=“Jorn_Weines, post:1173, topic:77963, full:true”]

I had no idea! Suddenly I have a use for the fingerprint reader!
[/quote]

Yeah, that one I use all the time.

er, I have Moto G5+, and I can use split screen just fine while using the fingerprint sensor for navigation. And no I didn’t root it, I just use Nougat that comes with the phone.

Really? I thought split screen depended on having the square button available for long pressing.
Hmm I guess not. Just figured it out.

Oh no. As long as you can use the task button (swipe left-to-right by default), you can use the task screen to pin. You may have to do some additional fiddling in the options though.

OK, maybe it’s the screen resizing for one handed operation that won’t work with fingerprint sensor navigation.

Yeah, so using the fingerprint sensor for navigation is all plus. More screen real estate. I just don’t know why other manufacturers didn’t copy this.