Android - what's in your pocket?

Really, you think we’re never getting Oreo? If that’s the case, can’t we jailbreak our phones and load it somehow?

Only if it’s supported my Lineage?

Android P developer preview is out. Sounds like a fairly minor update - some notification changes, enhancements to the fingerprint UI, and more granular wifi location tracking

Was “my” supposed to be a “by” there? And what is Lineage (apart from an old Korean MMO, IIRC?)

Yeah was supposed to be “by”

It’s the new name of CyanogenMod

OK, thanks, I’ll have to look that up. I’m still holding out hope for Oreo at least.

Well there is a Oreo based Lineage version

In case anyone’s curious, here’s day 2 battery results:

Left for work 9am at 85%, returned home 7pm at 51%.
Usage was a fair bit less intensive than the first day, maybe a little under average for me.

As with most of my purchases, I researched until I was physically ill and hated myself, stopped looking for a couple days, decided it’s meaningless, then logged on and ordered in under a minute. Pixel 2 XL, white 64Gb on it’s way.

Glad to know I’m not alone.

In the parlance of The Youth, I feel personally attacked by this statement

Ok but I had to cut myself off after google searches such as “Galaxy s9+ telephoto sample full resolution night reddit”.

They have a lot of refurbished phone deals ongoing on right now of slick deals.

So…I just discovered the split screen thing. Totally by accident. I’ve had his phone for months and had no idea it could do this.

it’s AMAZING.

I’ve had split screen on my phone since 2014, and have yet to actually find a use for it :(

I’ve had it since 2012!

I got my last phone in 2013, and it definitely didn’t do this. I’ve only used it a few times so far but it’s really neat.

Fuck it, I bought a pixel 2xl. Tired of my old 6p’s battery.

Sweet. I bought one of the cheap charge plus audio cable adapters for charging while connected to audio in my car. They seem to have mixed reviews. I’ll let you all know if it works.

https://www.amazon.com/MonkeyJack-Braided-Headphone-Charging-Aluminum/dp/B078J33B44/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1521133730&sr=8-2&keywords=monkeyjack+usb+c+audio+charge

You might be better off with something like this for audio and using a dedicated charging cable.

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Receiver-Hands-free-Streaming/dp/B0756FN69M/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1521135215&sr=1-9&keywords=bluetooth+receiver+car

I use it in my car every day, it’s freaking awesome.