Android - what's in your pocket?

No, I was using Android Chrome to access the weatherunderground site (not the app, in other words–I avoid most apps unless absolutely necessary). As I recall, I just wanted to switch the weather station whose details it was showing, but maybe my fat finger hit an ad instead, which led to all this.

What does that allow you to do?

Oh - interesting.

Some malware-ads can run scripting to force load their images so it’s most likely that you got those ads loaded w/o any fat-fingering. I asked about Webviews because they’re much more prone to this than Chrome.

It’s not a question of hitting the ad. The ad does it automatically.

GAF’s mobile site was rife with these to the extent I stopped visiting entirely.

It’s a more recent attempt by Google to combat those bad ads that hijack their way around pop-up blockers. This definition is decent.

Web framing attacks such as clickjacking use iframes to hijack a user’s web session. The most common defense, called frame busting, prevents a site from functioning when loaded inside a frame.

Not much good if it isn’t enabled by default. People who are savvy enough to fix it manually aren’t the ones who need it.

I can only assume they are still testing and refining it before making it mandatory, but I haven’t noticed any bad behavior from enabling it so I starting doing just that once I read about it.

/shrug

The edge explorer on Android has an ad blocker, and I have heard good reports about it.

I paid for a lifetime license for and recommend Adguard Premium on Android.

"smart"phones, eh?

On the subject of Android Chrome, I only just realised you can switch tabs by swiping on the address bar.

Omigod you’re my new best friend

THIS.

Has anyone been using edge on their phones? I find it interesting and it has a built in ad blocker, which is convenient.

Also, MS points.

What’s Edge?

MS Edge Explorer? Its a pretty handy browser.

I’ll give it a whirl.

K, so this isn’t so bad.

My gut tells me I shouldn’t believe either of you. Microsoft browser? Not so bad? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

Welp, I was all excited about it, especially it’s being able to share pages from phone to desktop…but apparently the desktop version of Edge only works with Windows, and Windows 10 specifically, so…

Back to Chrome I go.