Android - what's in your pocket?

I agree, it has gotten screwier by the month.

One thing I’m missing from Swift key is the swipe for punctuation (basically question mark and explanation mark) and the swipe left to delete the whole last word. I think the BlackBerry keyboard might have that function but I’m having trouble getting it to work properly and end up sliding out the keypad.

Well on Monday my Pixel 2 XL shutdown and went into a boot loop when I plugged it into the car charger. When I unplugged the cable it would boot up fine. If I started Waze and then plugged it in the phone worked fine. Now the phone crashes everytime I plug it in. I use fast charge capable chargers/adapters and high quality cables. Sigh, this sucks. My refurb is on the way. I hope it lasts more than 9 months.

Welp, Samsung just earned a Note 9 sale today based on the leaked pictures of the new Pixel 3 XL at Android Police.

Please god let something release for Fi next year that’s not the Ford Focus of midrange phones or an overpriced $900 monstrosity. My 5X’s battery isn’t going to get me that much farther…

What’s wrong with it?

That is one fat notch.

Rather large notch (looks bigger than the iPhone X) and for some reason a large chin. I love the clean droid experience, but I have to look at this thing as well!

shrug I’ve got a notch on my Essential. You don’t even notice it after a day or two.

What DOES concern me is that it’s reported to only have 4GB of RAM.

Heard that. Any time my 5X has to swap things back in from non-volatile storage it’s like sitting in traffic.

That was my iPhone X experience, but this 3 XL notch looks larger for some reason.

My Essential has 4GB of RAM, and it’s great, but I’d expect a next gen phone to have more. If I do get a Pixel (which is likely because Essential ugh) it’ll likely be the smaller one, which we’ve not really seen yet.

Ouch.

This is exactly where I am also. :D

5x only has 2GB of ram, I can’t wait for the day when 4GB is the standard.

What the fuck. How does the status bar even work with the center third of it missing?

That’s the third you don’t actually use.

Note 9 hits all of my hardware requirements on paper. Large battery, large storage for my FLAC music collection, and is a large phone. I will put aside my distaste for the jumble that Samsung software is (Bixby really mucks things up on this phone, at least it did on the Note 8) and hope for the best. Spotify integration is a bonus.

Wait what now?

I get the notch. People want edge to edge screens. Google also wants to squeeze the front facing speaker in there. I LOVE the front facing speakers on the Pixel 2. I’m happy they’re back on the 3. But that Notch is ugly

I can live w/ it, but it’d be nice if they go the Oneplus 6 route and allow you to toggle and blacken the OLED to turn the notch into a full width forehead.

Don’t get too excited. You can start a song on your phone and it will pick up on other devices at the point you left off. It is also supposed to be more integrated into the setup of the phone.