Android - what's in your pocket?

Only the best GPS you can get.

I print out stuff from Google Maps on my PC.

Huh, I wonder what causes more distracted driving, constantly looking at paper maps – and my god you’re wasting paper sir – or looking at a smart phone.

My vote is paper.

Seriously though, you should join us in 2018. As shit as a lot of things have gotten, usability is not one of them.

I don’t know if my phone has GPS. I never checked.

Only one way to map!

vintage-road-maps-street-atlas-map-books-for-Los-Angeles-1960s-70s-80s-1stopretroshop-z10726-13

Ok, enough feeding the @YakAttack for now. 😁

You people and your fancy maps, are the reason the sextant is starting to go out of favor. :(

Is it a smartphone produced in the last decade? Then the answer is yes!

Waze (whatever that is) is better than Google Maps? Does it get its traffic data from Google maps?

No they hire this guy who flies around in a helicopter and tells everybody where the traffic is. At least that’s how I understand it.

Google owns Waze. The two apps are separate items from separate teams – as a result, Waze is a bit more cutting edge and features from Waze tend to migrate over to Google maps.

In my experience, Waze tends to offer some out-of-the-box routes to save time. I usually recommend using Waze if you’re very familiar with the area and can easily adapt to the routes it suggests, while Maps is the safer bet for when you’re in an unfamiliar area (since Maps will usually offer traditional/conservative routes first).

You guys, I love my job.

But my Pixel 3 is waiting for me at home. Sad and scared in its box, all alone.

My focus is not what it could be.

You got it that fast from Google? You ordered it the same day that I did!

But wait, maybe you live in a city that wasn’t crippled by a Blizzard today.

My Pixel 3 comes tomorrow! My case and screen protector are already here. :|

Waze is what you should curse as you start seeing 100x as much traffic down your residential side street because it might possibly save someone 11 seconds as long as they also drive way too fast.

We are not currently buried, though I’m sure that’ll change before too long.

I just checked my email, and it’s kind of cool that my receipt email in “Inbox” (I thought Google was getting rid of Inbox? It still works great and is so much better than the Gmail app) tells me without even clicking on the email that the phone has shipped and will arrive on Wednesday.

But yes, one of my accessories have already arrived today. The connector thing that Scott says didn’t work with his Pixel 2XL.

Inbox is in the process of going away. I was pleasantly surprised, though, that they have integrated a fair number of the good bits into the core Gmail service.

Waze is better for commuting around your own city, to work, to friends, etc.

Google is better for longer trips in unfamiliar territory.

Not all though. Oddly enough, Inbox supported HTML signatures, the Gmail app doesn’t. It’s SO weird.

I mean, that sounds like an upgrade on the Gmail side to me.