Android - what's in your pocket?

Exactly, you don’t need a gigantic thick case, any super cheap silicone case with a small lip so the screen doesn’t touch the ground directly will make it pretty unlikely to crack your screen from a normal drop.

People who use their flagship phones without a case are crazy. They are so slippery!

The fact that flagship phones require additional cases is crazy.

It’s like needing an secondary PSU because a primary PSU in your PC is only rated to 200 watts. (Except this is not how it works in reality.)

I picked up the overpriced insurance because I KNOW I’ll break my Pixel 3. Since I have a whole family of phone destroyers, we made it more affordable by getting the family plan.

I even have the dumb Spigen case. It would have protected the phone just fine. But my back went out and I couldn’t deal with the extra weight and so off it came, and of course I was running late trying to get out the door this morning.

Motherfucker.

I guess there must be heavier Spigen cases. Mine is it just a minimalist sleeve that might weigh an ounce.

Sucks about your phone, though.

But it only happens when the warranty expires! Or if you never got one in the first place…

My Moto G5 got fell out of my back pocket while I was riding my bike and got run over by a car and didn’t sustain a scratch.

Haha.

How about elephants riding in cars?

That would have added significantly to the weight, I think.

So I’ve gotten tired of the power button on my Pixel 1 working intermittently, the 1/3 day of battery life, the USB-C connector being a delicate flower, and the phone randomly shutting down particularly when I’m trying to take a quick photo. I’m trading down to a Motorola Moto x6, which should arrive in a couple of days. With trade in for the Pixel, the promotional price for the new phone, and the $100 in Fi credit I’m getting, I’m actually making money on the trade, even including a phone case and SD card. It’ll be nice to have a phone I don’t have to fight with, even if it’s not running Pie.

Nice! Wait, x6 or g6? Latest models in those lines look like x4 and g6.

Would love to hear impression at any rate; the midrange Motos are always tempting to me and I’m curious what you think.

I’ve got an X4 and like it a lot, but I’ve never had a top of the line phone. With moderate use of listening to podcasts for 90 minutes and a couple calls, maybe use an app of two for a short time, read email I can usually go 2 days before I have to charge it. I usually charge it every day, but I can skip a day.

The touch screen seems responsive, colors good, speaker is good enough for my use. We’re usually happy with the pictures - knowing this isn’t a good stand alone camera. I can’t imagine spending $800+ on a phone. I would maybe consider a Pixel when they are running a special for around $400, but this $250 phone seems plenty good.

I’ve also had a G5+ and felt the same way.

The g6. Sorry, my girlfriend has an x4, really likes it, and I was just remembering the model.

Yeah, after owning a Pixel for a couple of years, the benefits of having a top-of-the-line phone do not justify the cost, particularly since it’s lasted less well than any other cell phone I’ve owned. I’m happy to drop back to a mid-range phone. I’ll report how it is once I get it and switch over.

The folding phone is here! Doesn’t matter, though, because it costs a billion dollars.

Does that mean the Apple version will be $3,000 in a 19 months?

Seriously though, this phone looks badass.

Cripes, some people have more money than sense.

I already have a foldable phone, you hipsters