Andy Daly's Review

No one is watching this?!?

Andy Daly is a brilliant and funny dude who cracks me the hell up. So I’ve been delighted to watch his new show on Comedy Central: Review. If you don’t know Andy Daly, aside from stand-up and Comedy Bang Bang podcast appearances, he’s played the school principal on East Bound and Down.

It’s a 1/2 hour comedy where his character hosts a TV show as a ‘life reviewer’. Daly has always had a dark streak to his comedy and the program has been a great showcase for it thus far. He’s ‘reviewed’ addiction, going to the prom, being a racist, making a sex tape, and eating 15 pancakes.

That was pretty great.

I love love love Andy Daly on his podcast appearances and thought Review was absolutely genius. No comedian does dark like Andy Daly and I’m very excited to see what he can get away with on TV. Reviews from the major hip online journals are all over this show too, and say that the third episode is going to be something very special.

The first episode is up on Hulu too(lu) so please watch it and share it with your friends!

I watched that last night for the first time and it was pretty damn funny. It’s was the pancake one. I’ve never heard of this guy and from the teasers for the show I had mistakenly thought it was a “real” show. When watching it, it’s clearly obvious that it’s not. Good stuff. I’ll probably add it to the list of shows I record.

Episode 3 was brutally funny. Emphasis on brutal.

Not seen the TV show, but I really like his new podcast with Matt Gourley and guests like Paul F Tompkins - The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project. The episodes are possibly a bit long, but that does give time for the characters to develop.

Watched this on Huluplus Friday night and really, really enjoyed it. Thanks for the heads up!

Hilarious show. Always liked him on Mad TV.

I’ve turned into a big Andy Daly fan this year. I think I’ve listened to every episode of CBB that he appears on, Review is the only TV show I watch as it airs, and the Andy Daly Pilot Podcast Project is just about my favorite thing on the internet. Don Dimello’s Eye on Theatre and The Wit and Wisdom of the West with Dalton Wilcox are ridiculously funny. My face and sides literally hurt after listening to them.

Dimello is better in shorter doses, and with at least one straight guy to play against, but otherwise I’m also full-on Team Andy Daly these days. Alas, today’s podcast was his last!

Does anyone know if the one episode up on Hulu Plus is a teaser or if more episodes are to follow? It has been the only episode for a while now.

The way it works with certain TV shows on certain networks, shows are available on Hulu plus the day after they air, but only if you verify that you have a cable provider (in which case why would you need to watch it on Hulu? Makes no sense to me). Sadly Comedy Central already has two shows like this that I watch regularly: South Park and Key & Peele. Both do make it to Hulu Plus, but only after a few weeks after originally airing on TV.

Whether Review is like that too, or if they just put one episode on there to help spread the word, I don’t know. But I loved the pilot, and maybe in a week, we’ll see episode 2 on Hulu? I hope so.

I believe Andy Daly said on his Twitter feed that the episodes will be on Hulu 3 weeks after they air.

Watched this last night for the first time. The Comedy Central advertising campaign is doing it a great disservice. Based on the commercials, I thought it was a Jackass parody or something, which I have no interest in. The show itself is so much more than that and is freaking hilarious. They have some episodes on TW On Demand that I’m going to watch. If they are as good as the first episode I watched, they’ll have a new regular viewer.

“I have good news and very, very bad news.”

I was practically crying, I laughed so hard.

Absolutely loving this as an Andrew Daly fan.

Never heard of him, but I just started listening to his podcasts which are pretty funny.

Yeah, been a huge Andy Daly fan for a while, glad to see he has his own show. Will watch when they are on Hulu plus.

The second episode finally showed up on Hulu Plus. Just as funny as the first one, with more Fred Willard!

The third episode is on Hulu Plus. Brutal. I love how the episodes are all tied together, and there’s so much continuity. The third episode’s topic probably wouldn’t have been as powerful without the second episode’s sex tape review.