Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

Glad to see I’m not the only one getting screwed on the Redd thing. Misery loves company? This is the 5th week now that we haven’t had him come visit our island (tomorrow should be Kicks). I would love to trade him out for Leif who is completely useless for us for now.

I was lucky. My first campsite visitor was Jacques, who is by far my favorite of all of the characters I’ve met.

My first campsite villager was Marshal, who continues to be cute and charming.

We also have two villagers with the same personality type, which is a little odd when you have the same conversations with both. They really should have exactly ten personality types (or more), instead of the eight they have now. Seems like you’re always going to get duplicates.

Apparently there are some less-well-defined “subtypes” within the main types, which some, but not all, villagers have. That’s rumor at this stage, TBH. But my two Normal gals, Sylvanna and Gladys, have pretty wildly different conversation trees and hobbies and personal styles.

On the other hand, Rex the lion basically just spouts exactly the same things as Zucker the Octopus, except with substantially less variety. His dialog options seem weirdly limited. Maybe because he’s newer, but even then, he’s been around more than a month at this point, and Zucker still says way more things.

I’ve said this before and I continue to say it: If they had DLC with expanded text content–more dialog options, more fish puns–I would buy it in a heartbeat. Or at the very least, the option to turn off the fish puns after the first 500 times you hear them.

While I know this isn’t exactly what you’re talking about, it reminded me of this post I saw on Reddit yesterday. It’s more about how villagers always comment on what you did yesterday all the time ("Were you really burying BELLS?? etc), but it turns out if you’re persistent, you can get them to say other stuff and give you things to do.

I tried this out today. Went into Cyrano’s house and talked to him, got the usual general chat. Talked ot him a second time, which I usually do anyway, but at this point, I’d usually leave. But instead, I talked to him like THREE more times and he was finally all “Hey, Phoebe left this at my house the other day, could you bring it back to her?”

(Turned out that what Phoebe had left at his house was her Punk Style Pants. Cyrano, you old dog, you.)

https://old.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/grne34/psa_how_to_get_more_villager_dialogue/

My favorite bit of dialogue was when my perky little pig chick implied she may have buried bodies all over the island.

Oh, and I got shoe dude again today. Second time this week.

My turnip price is 369 Bells. Not huge but might be useful for some… Island is open –

No tips needed. If you must do something, there are some white roses behind the shop that could use watering… :-)

Edit: closing for a bit. I’ll reopen shortly.

Strange – I don’t have any of the usual weekday island guests. I wonder if that means it’ll be a Celeste night. It’s clear right now (6:30pm).

Celeste has her own “schedule” I believe… that is, she doesn’t share spawns with any of the other regular weekday visitors. Same for Wisp. If you have no one in your plaza and Redd isn’t in port, I assume that either Gulliver is on your beach somewhere, or Flick or CJ is wandering around somewhere. I have definitely had days where I didn’t realize for most of the day that Flick or CJ was around because I didn’t run into them until evening. Both of them wander far and wide, so it’s easy to miss them.

Yup I just missed him. It was Gulliver, hiding way up in the far corner. Thanks for the tips!

I’m back open for 2.5 hours. Turnips at 369. No tips please; watering white roses behind shop is welcome but not required or expected. Edit: now closed

And Celeste just arrived, giving out the Gemini closet DIY (perhaps something else if you already have that). It’s partly cloudy and I have not seen any meteors.

Does Celeste always mean meteors will happen?

It doesn’t seem like it. I’ve visited other islands with Celeste but no meteor showers. But I didn’t stay all night :-)

Isabelle will tell you if there’s an actual meteor shower that night…so I hear.

I really need Celeste recipes! If anyone sees Celeste any other nights, let me know!

Hey the rats are buying for 489. Open till 11:55. PLEASE no donations from fellow Q23ers. Just don’t share the dodo. 5CT8H

This was the wrong week to fail to buy turnips apparently! Nice, y’all <3

D’oh. It’s reallly slow on friday mornings it seems. Put up my island for donations only, had about 10 people so far.

https://turnip.exchange/island/1246690c

You guys obviously don’t need to queue but nobody here seems to need. Kicks is here tho =)