Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

Odd. I assumed that since the plaques in the museum say who caught it that it meant other players could leave things at the museum. So I guess it’s just other local players. Otherwise, why have the name?

Yeah, I think it’s this. I don’t share my island with anyone, but I have a friend who plays with his wife and two daughters. It does say which one of them donated each thing, but he told me that when it comes to fossils (which mostly have several parts) it’s only the person who donates the final piece (I think that’s what he told me) that gets the credit. So that’s kind of disappointing when maybe a three part dino is donated by three different people but only the person who finished it gets the plaque.

Yeah thats what I did. I kept getting interrupted as folks came to buy…

I, uh… may have overdone it a little. Near as I can tell I bought over 6m in turnips at cheapest possible price. I think I got 10-15 NMTs and some cool DIYs in that time too.![Turnips|690x388]

At some point I realized I couldnt fence em all in and just said fuck it, if I lose a few to scammers I lose a few…

Sweet Christmas

First: Wow!

Second: Are you still open??

No she poofed at noon. I tried!

No problem!

Mine were only 91, so that’s okay.

Also 6 million bells of turnips are insane. Hopefully your own island spikes this week or you might have trouble convincing someone with a decent price that you would like to visit 20 times.

I’ll figure it out. I’ve done 3-5 each week so far, so should be a fun hunt.

In case you wanted the math: You bought 666 stacks of turnips, which would fill all the floorspace of two fully-expanded houses, plus the main room and part of a side room of a third house.

You could always parcel it out: Someone has turnips at 300? Go sell a few loads. Someone else has 350? Sell some more. You don’t have to wait for that one big score.

All I know is that I have a whopping 5% chance at another large spike, so yay. On the plus side I have enough blue roses to choke an elephant with.

Still can’t get a purple pansy or purple windflower to pop up.

I’m on stage 3 for my windflowers and pansies, so hopefully those come up soon. Still not even to stage 3 for roses though, so it’s going to take a while to get a blue rose. Maybe I need to hire people to come water.…

Got my oarfish just now. Fish that size seem super rare

I have a blue pansy. I don’t know if that’s supposed to be harder or easier than purple with that flower. I wasn’t doing anything to breed them – just planted a bunch from seeds around the island awhile back.

Once I’m able to I will share, if there’s interest.

Sahara is at my island selling Sky Wall. Not sure if that’s rare or not but if anyone needs it I can open up

Huh, I just went to an island where someone said their Sahara was selling volcano floor but she gave me field floor. Is it not the same each day and totally random for each visitor?

So, IIRC, someone somewhere once said that she “sells” Mysterious Flooring/Wallpaper two different ways – straight up bells, and in exchange for tickets – and that Floorings/Wallpapers purchased via one of those methods are the same for everyone buying on the island that day, while the other is a random pull from her possible inventory.

I’ve tested and confirmed that Rug purchases are always identical across buyers on the same island-day, so my inclination is to guess that bell-purchased Wallpapers/Floorings are also identical, and it’s the ticket trade-ins that are randomized per-person, but it could be the exact opposite (none of the damn Wikis I can find now cover this, lol).

I paid bells for the wrong floor.

Someone is telling me if they paid bells for Volcano then gave a ticket for a second one they would get a different one and not know it, and it would be stuck on that second one no matter if I paid bells or a ticket.

Anywho, looks like 4th gorram week with descending. 77 this AM and 75 just now. I may go get a switch light and start time travelling on that lol