Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

Will do, @Andy_Bates, thanks!

No worries, @Knightsaber. I’ll see if Jenna made it over. Thanks!

She didn’t, no one came over, I will be around in a little while.

Got my Coaelacanth.

But running around the island I saw little bait fish splashing on the hard rock jetty. Used net on em and they went away. Any ideas?

You mean the wharf roaches? They’re bugs that gather on the rocky areas along the beach. And yeah, the net should get them, but I’ve often found that they’re a bit fiddly to catch…you think you’re at the exact right distance but apparently aren’t. All I can suggest is the next time you see them, just try again from either slightly farther away, or slightly closer.

EDIT: Simulpost!

I missed my first finned fish (presumably a shark)! But then I catch my next finned fish…remora. Boooo

Sucker fish?

Ya, suckerfish. Again…booooooo

My gf has been on a shark-catching spree the last couple of days. I snagged a whale shark and suckerfish early on, but she’s been racking 'em up ever since, heh. The whale shark is just so hilariously enormous; I love it.

Are those an end-of-the-pier-with-fishbait thing?

Just a finned-fish-silhouette thing, I think. There are also apparently eels now?? Crazy times in AC world :)

I love when you donate the big sharks (I’ve caught the whale shark, great white, hammerhead, and sawtooth, plus the sucker fish) to the museum and you hand over this little tiny bag and Blathers is all wow, thanks, this is a great white shark! I’m all looking at the little bag and I laugh and laugh because Blathers, man, you crazy.

But yeah, it’s really exciting to catch the new things that come along. I kind of wish they were more scattered, because the beginnings of months are heavy on the new then it dies off fast and back to normal.

Sea Bass, Sea Bass, lame deep water hustler,
I loathe you with all, all my dark heart can muster,
You swim in my oceans and cast a shadow of hope,
My grin widens, my heart quickens, yet I’ll soon be the dope.
A tuna? A knifejaw? A snapper? A lobster?
Sigh…
Just an overgrown black bass highjacking my hope like a mobster.
You hopeless joy-stealer, go back, I say ‘see ya!’
Nay, just lie on this beach and turn into kusaya

I’m having a much harder time catching finned fish than normal fish. I don’t know if I’m just tense about them, or if the timing is tighter for those. I can usually go long stretches without missing anything, but I’m averaging about 1 out of 5 with finned ones.

Edit: I just watched a video comparing latency with wireless vs handheld mode, suggesting that fishing was much easier in handheld mode. I will have to give that a try.

Spent an hour or so fishing. Missed a couple of finned fish and caught another sucker fish. I did see an eel shadow and caught it too though. So not all a waste.

I caught a Great White Shark and a Arapaima twice in the river. Very happy, never really done much with the fishing

Looks more like a C+ to me!

My son was pointing that donations to Blathers go like this:

“Hey Blathers, here’s a bug I found!”
“Hey Blathers, here’s a fish I found!”
“Hey Blathers, here’s Michaelangelo’s David!”

Public domain fucking rocks

I’ve caught a hammerhead and great white since switching to handheld for fishing. No misses.

The measured latency from the video was .04 vs .10, which when given a catch window of ~.25 for high-end fish is significant.

Daisy is selling for 90 bells. Gate is open. DDYQ2 CN187. No tips needed. Take as many trips as you’d like. It’s 8AM here.

She’s currently behind the second row of houses. There’s also a thunderstorm, and Redd is here selling fakes.