Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

Will probably have to best friend again when I create a new character.

Yup NP.

For those who missed it in this deluge, I have turnips at 90. N0CYS

I’m pretty sure your island has to be expanded to a certain level before events like the Bug-Off can happen on your island. Don’t worry: The event will be back on the last Saturday in July and August too.

What do you feel like you powered through? There’s so much content that is time-gated anyway, it seems like there’s a limit to what you can power through.

We should start an island deletion club. One of us! One of us!

Gate is closed. Sorry if you missed it!

I’m off the turnip train! Off I tell you! Never touch the stuff!

Same. I woke up early to see if I could marshal people through my island to buy but didn’t buy any on either character!

So if anyone is interested in an Uchi type monkey, I have Shari moving out, and she’ll be in boxes tomorrow. I don’t really have strong feelings about her one way or the other, but since I already have an Uchi (and I’m never letting Phoebe leave) I decided to let her go and make room for someone new. And so I will being the hunt for a smug, which is the only villager type I’m missing. I had Hippeaux for a while, but he really bugged me for some reason (although he had the classiest house I’ve ever seen).

So I guess I’ll be spamming Nook Miles islands on Tuesday. After my last villager moved out, I began my earnest search for Erik, who I’ve wanted from day one. Only took me about 40 NMT to finally find him. ;) Smugs I think I’d accept: Julian, Ken, Lopez, Marshal, Phil, Raymond, or Zell. Hopefully I’ll manage to come across one of them in fewer than 40 tickets. ;)

Anyway, even if you don’t want Shari, be warned that if you’ve ever visited my island, there’s a chance she’ll show up in one of your empty lots because of the villager void thing.

Zell is amazing! I LOVE his house design. One of my best pals IRL has him on her island :-)

I mean we just devoured resources to unlock every single stage immediately as it became available, hiovered up all the fish and bugs for a given season almost immediately, etc. I’d love a slower placed trip through the starting month or two.

Redd has fake Jolly and fake Mystic statue up for grabs. 7F717

I’m losing my mind. Rogue stone spawned somewhere today and damn if I can find it. If anyone can help me find it I’d be very appreciative :)

Figured it out, wasn’t losing my mind. Despite there being a southern fence the building below THAT prevented rocks from forming. That’s what other people found with same issue. Weird but fingers crossed my deleting the bottom row and creating a new 3x1 top row fixes it.

I was at 75% to get a large spike yesterday and now it’s most likely going to be only a small spike. I can’t seem to get lucky with this turnip economy. Oh well.

Speaking of house designs, is it still true that your first villagers never customize their houses?

If so, would evicting them and then letting them move back at a later date be a way to fix that? I think that’s a thing?

(Cherry and Sheldon are my first two. I like Cherry and so far would like to keep her. Not a fan of cardio. There was a (hungover?) pelican washed up on my beach for a bit but he’s disappeared.)

The last three weeks for me have been Decreasing, Fluctuating, Small Spike (~180). I’m now locked in again for another small spike this week late tomorrow or early Wednesday :-(

From what I understand, pulling them back in, say, via Amiibo or a friend who had them in boxes, will get you their full house, yeah. It will also reset your relationship with them, which would make me a little sad. Love their nicknames for me and them asking me about things I told them I like weeks before.

IIRC, everyone starts with a Jock and a Sisterly type. There’s increasing variation after that, though “offered villagers” in your own campsite seem to skew heavily towards types you don’t have yet.

I like Gulliver a lot. I wish I still saw him as often. Once your island progresses and you unlock more types of visitors, he shows up less, d’oh.

It’s especially annoying since Gulliver is the path to unlocking the golden shovel.

Golden tools should be unbreakable. I can’t imagine crafting a golden fishing rod or shovel knowing that they will explode eventually.

I know what you mean. The only golden tools I have unlocked are the slingshot and watering can, and I do use golden versions of each of them. The slingshot because it honestly gets used infrequently enough that the golden one does last a long time, and the watering can for similar reasons (I only have a few patches of flowers I water daily at this point). I definitely accumulate gold nuggets faster than I use them to craft those two items.

But yeah, for things like the net, fishing pole and shovel? Yeah, don’t think I’ll bother. Mayyyybe I’ll make a golden axe when the time comes, since the only thing I even use it for it cutting down bell trees I’ve harvested (so once per day).

Super excited, Bianca will be in boxes tomorrow.

Too many superstars posing on my island, I’m sure someone will dig her. If you want her send me a PM and we can figure out a time for you to come talk to her Tuesday and she’ll be on your island Wednesday. Must have an open plot tomorrow.

Too bad I don’t need a peppy, since I’ll have a vacant lot tomorrow. I don’t mind the peppy types, but yeah, I don’t think I could handle more than one, hehe. I’ve got Penelope (mouse) and I adore her. And even though she has a starter house, it doens’t bother me too much because it seems to fit her.