Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

@Calelari, could be worth opening up, as some people like to decorate their homes with the fakes. I have a fake Mona Lisa and Starry Night in my place.

The turnip prognosticator says that I will have a spike betwee 196 and 588 Wednesday AM. I’ll pop back here in the morning and report, but if it’s north of 300 I’ll open up from about 9:30 am through noon PDT.

If you have turnips to sell, they’re buying for 281 on my island until noon PDT. Not great, but still a profit. Saharah is on the island as well. Feel free to grab any fruit you might need!

Dodo code is BBHSW

Coming on over, i bought at 90 so x3 is a tidy sum and removes the stress of selling later in the week, thanks

Can i grab the surf board please

@Reemul, sure, go for it.

Anyone please feel free to grab anything in the store.

cheers

I have a 40% of a large spike and a 50% of decreasing so I’m going to roll the dice and see what I get tomorrow. I’ll probably regret no visiting…

Looks like I’m due for a large spike tomorrow afternoon. If anyone is still playing the turnip game, I’ll be happy to open up. I’ll post the price tomorrow. I’m in the PDT.

That’s awesome! I dumped all mine very early in the week to finally squeak by the 10m bell achievement, but I’ll be we got a couple of stragglers here :)

I meant to share this earlier in the week, but over the last month or so I’ve tried to buy cool stuff to populate the main floor of the house (basement and second floor just being where I store all my extra stuff so I can get an S ranking and meet requirements for having so much furniture). Enjoy!

Bedroom

Bathroom

Den/Study

Main Room/Kitchen

Sweet! My place still looks like the 20something bachelor pad of the guy who only aspires to be shift lead at Burger King…very spartan. But I got me a bitchen flat screen.

I’ve created a little area with a bunch of instruments set out just outside my main square. I’ve heard others here mention they did similar things and the islanders would hang out there and play. I’ve only seen one dude play anything and only once or twice. Is there any way to encourage the islanders to use some of the stuff you put out?

I wish. It’s probably the greatest failing of the game that it’s not more like The Sims in that the things you buy can’t really be “used” for the most part. It would be really cool to see more interactions like that, for sure.

Dang! The animations and stuff are there for at least some things since I’ve seen an islander playing my piano I think it was. And they will dance around all the time. I would think just tweaking their actions to use the stuff a bit more would be easy and would totally give players a reason do cool things with their island and tinker with what might make the islanders interact with different things.

Maybe I’ll try putting various radios and what not around the island to see if I can encourage the dancing. That is the thing I’ve seen islanders do on their own the most.

One thing that’s been noticed is that villagers use paths, and if you have parts of your island that you basically never see your residents in, it may be that it’s so far off the beaten path that they just don’t wander over there. My entire island is mostly joined by a path system that results in me often seeing villagers who live in my NE neighborhood wandering around the SW neighborhood, and that never happened before I connected all the paths up. (And in fact, ever since I connected the path system to my own house, I often have villagers chilling out in my front yard, ha.)

They will wander off path of course, but not usually very far, so keep that in mind. If you have areas you want them to use, maybe it’s just too far away from a path for them.

Oh thanks. I’ve got a small path system mostly between my house and the airport and store. I’ll try and add some more to see if that helps.

Finally had CJ yesterday! Did his 5 fish in a row thing and even got a giant sunfish during that stretch! He mentioned another fishing tourney coming up too. Guess I’ll start digging bait again.

My turnips are selling for 340, however my internet service is currently down. So if anyone needs to sell hopefully I’ll be up and running at some point soon.

Internet is up now. Dodo code is 3DBBQ. I’ll try to leave it up for awhile.

Thanks for opening up. I had no turnips but like to visit other places. You have a lovely island with sooo many flowers. I watered a bit. I need to work on blue and purple, so pretty!

Thanks for stopping by! Shutting it down now.

I heard a rumor that they changed the logic for island visitors, and I can confirm that it’s true! All of the visitors are now randomized, and you are not guaranteed/forced to have Leif, Saharah, and Kicks visit every week. I had Leif on Monday, but the rest of the week was Redd, CJ, Gulliver, and Flick. I’ve never had CJ and Flick in the same week before.