Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

I’ve never had CJ except for the first fishing tourney and never Redd except his first appearance. And Flick has only come by twice I think. But this week I had all of them and finally got a piece of art for my museum! And some pinball game. Loving the visitor changes.

You may have heard that rumor in this very thread when I posted about it a week ago. ;)

Sorry! I honestly didn’t remember where I heard it. My wife has a habit of looking up AC info (even though she doesn’t play), so I wasn’t sure.

Haha, no worries, I was just teasing. I often miss posts in long, busy threads myself.

But yeah, I love that change. I will miss perhaps not seeing Saharah every week, but not having Leif or Kicks take up a slot every week is kind of a godsend.

I need to catalog all my Saharah wallpapers and floors and maybe we can trade. I’m sure I’m getting duplicates at this point.

Anyone do fishing derby?

I think I got up to about 70 points before I ran out of fish bait and got tired of running around and went to have lunch, so no trophy for me, but I got a lot of neat little knickknacks!

I did it a couple of times and ended up with something like 38 fishbucks including what I got at the last one. I exchanged some for a fish wand and a cooler. Yeehaw I guess.

I found someone whose clock was at 530 and the 3 of us got up over 100 before 6, so I got 10 treats. None on the other toon…

It turns out that points carry forward from tourney to tourney, so I got the bronze trophy (100 points) last tourney and fished enough today to get me to 200 points, so I should get a silver trophy tomorrow. I’d already gotten all the fishing rewards available last time, so everything I got today was a dupe. Still, I got two anchor statues, which are nice, and two coolers. Made some good cash too, since I fished up more than a few pricy fish.

I really wish I’d have known this. I only did one run today because I didn’t want to spend all day doing it. Huh. TIL :)

Damn, that makes me feel even worse for missing the first tourney. Means I gotta average like 115 points at the next two :)

Ugh, I didn’t even think about trophies or points carrying forward. I was so busy yesterday that I only managed to get about 54 points (and traded in for five of the swag) before stopping. I’m pretty sure the first fishing tourney I didn’t do much either. Not like the bug one where I love doing it and went all out running around the island and got all the items available.

Ah well, I figure I miss out on big chunks of AC because I just do what I enjoy and avoid the grind. It’s what I want the game to be.

This is what the game is supposed to be, to be honest. I’m probably somewhere in the middle. I like getting all the new bugs and fish that appear every month, but I don’t fret it if I miss some. I mean, I still don’t have all the new bugs from this month (some of those beetles are pretty rare!) yet there are others who had them all on July 1st.

I saw a post on Reddit titled “Finally!” and when I clicked it it was a screenshot of a room with all the new pirate themed furniture from Gullivarrr, who was only just introduced with the July 3rd update. (I haven’t even seen him yet). This post was on like July 6th. I shook my head at the “finally” part, as if they’d been searching for these things for months, when they had everything within three days, due no doubt to time traveling. These are likely the same people that complain that there’s nothing to do in the game after consuming new content in a matter of hours.

Bottom line is that AC is meant to be a “play at your own pace” game. I don’t understand people who must have all the things right away, but hey, it’s not a competition. Play in the way that gets you the most enjoyment!

EDIT: Spoilered new content info in case some don’t look at patch notes / new content announcements.

Okay I bought 2 inventory loads of turnips this morning (the new island is going to need serious bridges/ramps/rearranging), and I just didn’t have a nice cushion of bells after expanding the house, so here’s to hoping. Since it’s the first time turnips have been available here, I can only get a small spike.

Qt3, I’m counting on you this week.

I’ll keep an eye out. Maxed at 190 last 2-3 weeks.

I mean anything reasonable is fine with me. I’m not one of those 600+ or else types. :)

So this week I decided I’d try out the turnip thing. I was offered it the week before but had other plans for me bells.

I understand there’s a morning sell price and an afternoon sell price. My day starts early enough that I really don’t have time to check the morning price. Are the trackers at all useful if I can only enter the afternoon price?

They’re less useful but you can still get a decent picture with a couple of days’ data, tbh. I miss morning sometimes, too :)

Yeah, what Armando said - the trackers can be pretty accurate still even with a missed price here and there. However, the thing that is very important to the accuracy of the tracker appears to be knowing that pattern your prices were for the previous week. So if this is your first week using the tracker, and you don’t know what your prices were like last week (large spike, small spike, fluctuating, decreasing), it’s probably going to have a hard time giving you an accurate guess.