Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

The Dread Pirate Queen Pashmina is looking for new islands to plunder. She’s in boxes today, so if anyone is interested in a sisterly type goat and has an open plot, she’s available for the taking!

She has kind of an eclectic mix of furniture and clothes, because I got her from someone else (so she was previously gifted) and then I tried to “correct” (haha) her style with some gifting of my own. Her house is pretty cool, but she almost always has a guitar pedal set, an electronics kit and a laptop on display somewhere. I like to think she’s making Electronica style music in her spare time, hehe.

Let me know if you want her! I’ll probably advertise her on /r/nofeeAC too.

How did you get this image? Was this a session at Harv’s?

Yeah, whenever one of my villagers leaves I do a photo session at Harv’s for them. If you scroll up through some of my older posts you’ll find others I’ve done, hehe.

I wasn’t super fussed about Harv’s originally, couldn’t really think of why I’d bother ever but I’ve seen people on the AC subreddit do stuff like this and thought it looked fun… and it is! :)

At one point I spent a whole day or two going through all my DIYs and crafting everything at least once just so it would be cataloged to use at Harv’s, hehe. (Still haven’t made all the assorted gold items though, because they use a lot more gold nuggets than I have!)

Gold is so hard to come by. I don’t like hitting rocks but I make myself do one a day just to have a chance at getting one.

Yeah, I hate hitting rocks too, and a lot of days I don’t bother… which is why I hardly have any gold nuggets, hehe.

Oh god, yeah, I think I’ve maybe come across maybe 8-10 nuggets total, hah. I really slacked off on harvesting resources after gaming the turnip system so badly and getting rich beyond fathoming, oops

Funny talking about gold nuggets as I was trying desperately to get one last one so I can make my giant robot. After four days of trying Nook Islands and hitting rocks to get that last nugget, but failing, I decided to trade with my wife, giving her 240 clay pieces for the one nugget I needed. She has a second Switch with her own island and is building large yards for all her villagers so is using up her resources fast.

And yeah, @Hansey, those send-off party photos are awesome. I can’t be bothered with Harv’s for more than taking a quick shot when villagers first arrive to get their poster, so am in awe of people who spend all that time setting a scene.

Was eavedropping on a conversation between Ankha and Snake. They were having a tongue twister competition and Ankha came out with this one, jumping on the “Tom Nook is running a criminal enterprise” train, haha!

Hah! I love the little conversations you can walk in on, though I get stressed out when they ask me to resolve an argument.

Yeah, I do love eavesdropping, some of the conversations are hilarious. It makes me want to try to double up on some of the personality types I’ve never doubled up on just to see what unique conversations they might have! Like, I’ve had double lazies, jocks and normals, but never any of the other personality types. I bet a conversation between two crankys would be hilarious. And I wonder what two smugs or snootys would talk about?

But even with the villagers I’ve got, I love that I still wander into conversations I’ve not heard before (this one was the first I’ve heard it).

Festivale is only one day? On a Monday? That’s a lot of feather catching to cram into a short time after work.

This game got mentioned in the pandemic piece on Last Night with John Oliver last night.

Let me see if I can find the right place.

That event was very silly and not terribly complex, but I had a lot of fun with it, and the final prize was fucking AMAZING.

It was pretty silly and charming. Loved it. I wish it lasted for longer than just a day.

Absolutely, yeah. My partner and I may have gone a little overboard hoarding feathers “just in case.”

That was the float, right? (Making sure I didn’t miss anything since I got that one twice - other than not getting all the other things in all the variants.)

Yeah. If you haven’t yet, interact with the float with A. So cool!

I wonder if my wife completed that? I’ll ask her later. She was turning in feathers yesterday and I know got at least to the drum.

It was really nice that the feathers were pretty abundant and didn’t disappear, either.