Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

The art wing is the only wing I have left to complete, and I’m currently at 29 out of 43 (according to my phone app). It is tough, because you’re only likely to see Redd once every ten days or so, and you have to be diligent about checking for him every day, because if you don’t play the day he shows up, you’ve missed him for another ten days or so. And even when he does show up you have to hope that a) he has some real art (my app also shows me the real ones and the fakes - it’s hard enough without having to guess, so yeah, I’m looking that stuff up) and b) that it’s one you don’t have already.

I know there are loads of people on Reddit who have completed the art wing via time traveling, which I am not a fan of… I prefer to play the game at its intended pace, and honestly, I find it more satisfying to complete it “properly”. (I put “properly” in quotes here because really I don’t care what other people do on their islands, hehe… it’s not a competition.)

I am also aware of a fair number of people who have also completed their art wings simply by visiting other people’s island when Redd is in port, or trading, which I think is perfectly reasonable - the social aspect of Animal Crossing has always been a thing. That said, I would probably only do it with friends or the folks here, and not random people on Reddit or whatever, but that’s my personal choice.

My villagers have filled in a not-insubstantial portion of our art for us by just mailing us pieces, IIRC. Or maybe those were all duplicates. . . my brain is mush these days, who knows what truth is :D

I think I’ve had my villagers send me three pieces of art. One was a fake (how could you Cyrano!!!), one was a genuine article that I did not have (hooray!) and in a coincidence (given this discussion) just today Sterling mailed me a painting - a real one, but alas, one I already have. Anyone need a Twinkling Painting for their museum? :) (It’s the Van Gogh Starry Night one.)

I’m not sure I ever had art mailed to me (maybe one fake?). I’m at 27/43 right now and am going to go at it as best I can. My wife doesn’t care about the art in her museum on her island, so I said I’d start visiting Redd there when he shows up just to double the progression. Maybe by November when my last fish is available I’ll also have the art.

It’s fortunate I’ve enjoyed ACNH so much, despite little annoyances. In the last 15 years or so, only GW2 and Diablo3 have more hours, I think.

Just came across this in my YouTube recommendations (I guess I listen to a lot of KK Slider songs). ;) Absolutely amazing. I love that people cover KK songs. Some of them are outstanding.

For comparison:

Aircheck version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0StGgLml_o
Live version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_NLMDqNd2w

My turnip price is 47 mid week. Calculator says unlikely to break 100 again. Anyone got a better price?

I stumbled across this excellent 2 hour video discussing Animal Crossing’s game design.

Just checked my nook mile rewards, I’m just 10 fish away from 100 caught in a row. Now I’m too nervous to fish again.

Oh wow, hope you make it. That’s one that’s almost best never to notice. I had maxed at 75 (before I even realized it was a thing) but have never even come close to that again. I’ve mostly given up on fishing, as I don’t find it relaxing with my twitchy reactions, just frustrating. I only have one fish left to catch in November and that’ll be it.

Let us know if you make it. In my book, that’s probably the most impressive of feats.

Similar, I think I topped out at 72, and have never even gotten remotely close ever again.

Instead of adding new content or Brewster:

Darn :(

Nintendo finally teased the addition of Brewster and the Roost coffee shop!

I gave up on this months ago, but I’d return if I could put Gyroids everywhere again.

Happy that they’re dropping in some more content, but it’ll arrive right at the end of my run with the game. After I find that last fish in November, I’ll be moving on finally, and the island will probably be wiped in favour of my wife starting a new one. It’ll be sad to see it all go, but it certainly was one of the highlights in gaming.

Kinda hope they toss in another increase to storage so I don’t have to constantly work to make room for the pile of stuff they add with these updates.

What are those?

I logged in last night for the first time in 3 months. This is my first AC game and I expected much more weed and plant growth than I had. Have they toned this down since earlier games? Because from what I’d read of long layoffs from earlier ACs I expected much more plant chaos.

You know that little thing that stands by bridges you’re constructing and takes your money? That’s a Gyroid, and in the Gamecube version you could collect loads of them. They all looked different and they all played different noises. I loved filling my house with those things!

They’re haniwa, but Nintendo (probably correctly) figured Americans wouldn’t know what haniwa were, so they called them gyroids. I did miss them in new horizons.

Ahh thanks!