Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

Yeah, probably the same people. This is also one of the reasons I don’t time travel. Sure, I could time travel and finally have all the art Redd has and complete my museum (the art wing is all I have left) but it’s nice to actually have something to work toward. I suspect a lot of the folks complaining about there being nothing to do also time travel a lot, so have already accomplished everything. (To be clear: I do not care at all what other people do - it’s a single player game, play it how you like! Just explaining why I personally don’t do it.)

Absolutely play how you like, but don’t play in a way that it was 100% not intended for and then piss and moan about it when you burn through and out on the game. I don’t understand why people like that even play AC in the first place, and I really wish they wouldn’t because Nintendo felt the need (and of course there was no need) to nerf the interest paid on bells into the absolute ground as a result (although maybe they were just trying to make it work more like real life savings accounts, bazinga).

Yeah I have this crazy idea about starting the game again instead, on a new island… I’m terrible like that, if I haven’t played something in a while.

Are any of you starting over from scratch with the new content?

Couldn’t bear to.

I would rather eat my Switch than start over.

Hahahaha lol

Damn hey… you talked me out of it! :D

Yes & no. I’m ending my run with my island (of which I’ve always been the secondary resident) so my wife can wipe it and start over with the new content. In the meantime, she’ll keep going on her other Switch with her current island and the new content.

But yeah, it really is the toughest decision ever to level it all after the work that went into making it what it is today. It’s going to be wild having all that extra time to do other things. For the record, I will not be eating any Switches during this transition.

[Edit] Caught my last fish 10 minutes into it being available again. Blowfish and complete. Sorry, art, you didn’t make the cut.

Not me, and honestly, I can’t see why the new content would really inspire me to. I know a bunch of people on the AC subreddit have said they’re flattening their island and starting over, but I’m not really sure why. Seems to me the new content is only enhancing what we have already, nothing that would change any decisions I would make early on.

At most, I have to redesign a few parts of my island, like making more room in my already existing pumpkin farm, but other than that, it seems like most of the new content stands on its own.

I’m not very familiar with the new content. Why do you need more pumpkin room?

I don’t need more pumpkins, but the new content is adding new crops to be grown (in order to create new food dishes) so it’s more about reducing the number of pumpkins in order to make room for other crops to be planted!

I’m still not 100% clear on whether all these new food dishes actually do anything other than just being decorative for people who want to build restaurants and the like, but I’m looking forward to finding out!

I’m a moron haha. I thought people were playing this already so I went in to play myself and… it’s a pre-order lol.

Friday, giving a couple days to get your affairs in order.

haha. My island has been quite neglected as of late.

Same! I am kind of dreading seeing what it looks like now… :)

Yeah, I’m curious about this too. Here are my guesses for what the food does:

Worst Case: Decorative, can be eaten
Better Case: Craft special food items to give as gifts and get specific rewards
Best Case: Food gives special traits, like +5 to Fishing for 10 minutes, or increased running speed

Sadly, I’m pretty sure that it’s going to be the first one.

Oh, snap! 2.0 is out now!

huh? But it’s not the 5th.

The DLC isn’t out, but the 2.0 update is available if you force the patch in the menu.