Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

It’s the Japanese Sid Meier’s Pirates!

Mike in game
Island: Evergreen
Item: Pears
Friend code: SW-6658-8825-1097

@ArmandoPenblade, I summon thee!

Visit me on Anejo – we have oranges! SW-1632-3735-5704 (Mike)

Thanks for the thread, Armando – and for doing all that with the friend codes!

Okay, here we go:
Jeff
NewRoanoke (cherries)
SW-6262-9260-1830

Still love that island name of yours, Jeff :-D

What does the little face icon in the top left mean? It appears sometimes (I think it’s not always there).

It means you got something to check on your portable device (usually an achievement giving you credits towards that Nookian pyramidal scheme of his).

thanks!

Welp, waiting on a house upgrade and the museum to arrive in the morning, not much left to do until then. Other than collecting and selling things. Apologies to any visitors hoping to import peaches from my island today, been hoarding them all until I acquire a shovel tomorrow.

What’s the holdup on the shovel? I got the DIY recipe pretty early, plus you can buy them for a few bells.

I’m at the same stage, awaiting museum and house tomorrow morning - but still couldn’t stop myself from tooling around playing this afternoon. :)

Did a resident give you the recipe? As far as I can tell, Blathers is the only official supplier. Unless the Pretty Good Tools Recipes from the terminal includes one. (Can’t afford that yet.)

Oh yeah, it was Blathers. So when you say museum, you’re waiting on his tent I guess. :)

I fulfilled his initial requests and am waiting on the actual museum to go up. I guess I’m behind in the house construction stakes!

Yup, scouted a spot for him but still waiting on his arrival.

Turns out the Pretty Good Tools Recipes (redeemed w/ 3k miles) does indeed unlock the 2nd tier shovel, but I’ll have to wait for Blathers anyway because tier 2 has tier 1 as an ingredient.

Those better tools are next on my list once I have the miles. I purchased the tool wheel and the expanded inventory so far.
(should these be blurred as spoilers?)

SW-7907-9724-4485 will lead you to the island that I allowed my just-about-10 year old daughter to name. She went with Catlandia.

We’ve got oranges. Movin’ to the island, gonna eat a lot of … oranges.

[ninja edit, I thought we had peaches]

Just to note, but one of the early game events is your mom sending you a second variety of fruit. If you hang onto it until you get some kind of way to plant new trees. . .

Oooooh thanks. I just got a quest to Grow a fruit tree. So that makes sense. So far I’m not too worried about using something I’ll need for later. But the fruit I got from my mom was something I stashed.

Now if I can just grab those floating gifts that are just out of reach.

Blythe, Cecily, and I all are playing on the same Switch. We’ve all done roughly the same things in 1/2 day of play. Cecily is missing the Critterpedia on her Nook Phone. Anybody remember what you have to do to get the Critterpedia to appear?

I got it when I told Nook I’d found a bug/fish. It may be that once the museum is in progress, he loses that conversation option, in which case you may need to wait till Blathers shows up.

Who is this Blathers and where does he appear? I had to get a shovel from an expedition because I couldn’t buy it anywhere. In fact I have a DIY recipe to make a good shovel but it requires the flimsy one I can’t make.