Anime' - Whatcha Watchin? (Is it good?)

Heh. You are going to learn a lesson about user ratings, fast.

Manga / anime scores are like scores of video games, they are on average too high. I think the average series on mangaupdates in 8.00/10, for example.

How does one legally watch One Punch Man?

https://www.daisuki.net/

My first thought is, “that’s a pretty weird list”. It mixes up normal genres (you know, action, adventure, comedy, scifi, romance, drama) that really don’t need an entry as they work as in any other medium, with element/settings (fantasy, vampires, samurais, etc) which again aren’t exactly novel or unique to anime (Have you heard of Harry Potter? Twilight? :P), with market segments (seinen, josei) that technically aren’t genres.

It is on Hulu too

I did not make the list but I do see most of those listed on various anime sites. I also think it is good for someone new to anime to learn that there are many categories that one would be familiar with. :)

Don’t worry, I know that the average there is around 7.9 or so. For example, look at the current season:

There are only 4 shows scoring 8.50 or higher, of which One Punch Man is…second?!? Wut…some sports anime is #1. Oh well, hot-blooded shounen drama always wins.

You probably mean Haikyuu!! Second Season (volleyball) - which is a very enjoyable show (I am not an avid sports person but did like this). I watched the first season and currently waiting for the second season to finish so I can watch it in a row rather than waiting.

Haikyuu!! is very good, you should watch it. And I don’t usually watch sport series.

I have been watching Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen which I have enjoyed so far but I suspect that tragedy is looming (about halfway through).

Started watching Durarara Season 1 and not sure what to make of it yet.

Saw that.

Durarara Season 1, KF’s 1 line summary

Weird people live in a city interacting with each other, and one joker pranking them all.

If it’s any consolation, I’ve watched 50 episodes of DRRR and I’m still not sure what to make of it yet.

I dropped DRRR!! in the second season, the thing was a mess.

Me too. There must be a term for the kind of stuff DRRR is doing: lots of Weird characters put into awesome Situations for Reasons that absolutely will never be explained because author doesn’t care-it gets in the way of other Coolness! (Then I made the mistake of searching in tvtrope for a match…during working hours…)

Rule of Cool? I know that trope without needing to search :P . Tvtropes is a productivity killer indeed.

So, I am juggling a lot of anime these days and because of this forum, I have added One Punch Man to the list. Dang its fun!

So, currently I have Naruto and Fairy Tail, Chivalry of A Failed Knight, Norgami and One Punch Man. Hopefully Naruto will end soon ( I have been skipping the fillers) so that I can free up some space.

I watched a second One Punch Man show called on the Road to a Hero? I think it might be an OVA. It was about how it got his costume.

That’s a one shot, it was included with the special edition of the latest manga volume.

Ha I just looked it up and was editing my post and you beat me to it :)