Anime' - Whatcha Watchin? (Is it good?)

I’m pretty sure this anime has already been mentioned, but I just started watching Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans. Man, this is one good series in the Gundam metaverse, since the end of 00 at least. Great character development, as well as a sense of mystique surrounding the Gundam mobile suits.

What a weak season.

Only One Punch Man shines as a very good anime to watch.

Not a huge problem, since theres like 200 years of filmed anime to watch, and a lot of it is very good, but still.

I guest we will have to watch for the return of GATE, or something. That one about vampires had potential, too.

Rather liking One Punch Man, I have always been fascinated by humility and the humor is great.

I did almost stop watching it early on after a villain went into a long monologue but Mr. Man’s reaction was pretty much perfect, and his patience appreciably less after that episode.

So far, I hear great things about 7 Deadly Sins, and I’m enjoying Nori Gami as well.

Something that I don’t mention to friends is that I’ve been watching Chivalry of a Failed Knight. That’s more of a guilty pleasure.

I just burned through 7 Deadly Sins. It is awesome.

Gotta catch a flight. Will expand on this later.

Finished One Punch Man, really fun series. All the heroes are pretty interesting to watch. Could use more female heroes though. I think I’ll check out the manga since season two will take awhile.

There is another Berserk anime coming next year featuring Guts as the Black Swordsman. So yay, hopefully after a previous 25 episode anime from 1997 and 3 movies we can finally get past the Golden Age arc (even though it’s the best part of the series). Glad it’s a series and not more movies like they were planning to do.

Finished up the Macross stuff with Frontier, and I really liked it. Pretty much exactly what I was hoping Seven would be. With luck, Delta will be like that.

Also grabbed the Ghost in the Shell:Arise - Alternative Architecture series off Amazon Video. I’d seen the Arise films as they came out over the last couple of years, but it’s been a while so a re-watch was in order. Plus there’s an additional 2-episode story added. Splitting each of the four films into 2 TV episodes seemed to work fine. They did a weird thing with the ordering of the episodes, but other than that, I thought it was well done. Still no US version of the new movie that I know of, though.

Also watched a few different shorter things over the last few weeks, as time has been available. Hamatora and Re:_ Hamatora were pretty enjoyable, as long as you don’t mind the mutant powers genre. Karen Senki is pretty much just a showcase for some computer-generated visuals, though you can kind of read between the lines and see the possibilities of a real story there if you want to put in the effort. And UN-GO is an interesting short mystery series, with both near-future tech (AI) and mystical (spirit beings) aspects. It’s apparently based on the Japanese novel Meiji Kaika Ango Torimono-chō, which didn’t mean much to me, but I’m sure anyone who has read it would be interested.

I enjoyed UN-GO a lot and was sad when it ended.

I like Boku dake ga Inai Machi. Good drawing, good story, the episodes are entertaining. Can’t wait to watch next episode.

I was just going to list this anime (Boku dake ga Inai Machi), it is really something.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu looks like it might be interesting as well. I started to watch it but have not finished the first episode yet.

And of course Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 2nd Season; the family loves this show.

Ojisan to Marshmallow is worth watching (3 minute episodes) for a giggle; about a guy who loves marshmallows and the woman who loves him.

Dimension W - enjoyed the first episode of this as well. I like the main character and he is actually an adult (rather than he usual high school kid).

I finally got around to pulling Bodacious Space Pirates off my Crunchyroll queue, and it was good fun. I love the fact that there is little romance or screaming kids fighting each other or waving around of giant weapons, unless you count spaceships. The characters are fun and the pace was quick enough that I never got bored waiting for them to move the plot along. Said plot doesn’t have much conflict, more of a journey of discovery…both Marika herself and the pirates in general. The ending was pretty obviously a hook for another season, which apparently didn’t happen, but that’s OK…too much more and I imagine they’d have trouble keeping it enjoyable. Nothing in the whole series is serious, and as long as light and fun what you’re looking for, it’s a fun watch.

They did a follow-up movie which is basically a standalone story arc that takes place after the rest of the series. Sadly, it doesn’t seem to be on CR.

Bah, a quick Google seems to show that it’s not available in the US at all. Looks like the only option would be to (har!) pirate it.

@ineffablebob

Is this what you are looking for?

Mouretsu-Pirates-Abyss-of-Hyperspace - i see it listed on kissanime (I believe it is an alternate name). Maybe it is listed on other sites under this name.

Yeah, that’s it. I’d actually never seen kissanime before you mentioned it. That’s a lot of video streams - I’m kinda surprised no one has shut it down. Not that I’m complaining!

Ok, so back in July, I’d actually gotten to Episode 9, and the season had only gotten slower, with more facepalm inducing relationship cliches. Today, for some reason, I fired up Episode 10. Wow. Finally. I couldn’t resist, went straight through that and Episode 11 too, and even Ep 11 ends with a “To be continued”. Now that’s what I’m talking about. The show I liked is back with a vengeance.

I feel I have to post this here

Erased and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjou are the two best new series to watch. There is a third one, Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, which is more typical (people falling to fantasy world, fanservice) but it also has some interesting aspects.

I liked Grimgar, too. But is setup on a way that is self-defeating. Once they stop being scrubs it will be generic fantasy. By that time the script will need to find something else with high appeal. So far is very good (minus fan service, but we are talking about anime here).

Watched the first three episodes of erased a couple of days ago. Pretty good so far.