Anime' - Whatcha Watchin? (Is it good?)

Does it pick up from the end of season 1 then? I really liked season 1 (I haven’t read the manga) and season 2 was just a clusterfuck of confusing plot, so much so that I gave up part way through. It would be nice if TG got back on track.

Two-year time skip.

Steins;Gate 0 just started airing, I’ve caught the first episode so far. I really liked the VN, but not as much as the original Steins;Gate. I’m kind of hopeful the anime will streamline everything better.

I’m skeptical. It’s a much harder adaptation with widely diverging paths in the game. the original Steins gate was mostly lineal.

BTW, I really want the deluxe version of Steins Gate that is coming out. It seems to be the game with the anime as cutscenes.

I’ve tried playing the original VN and don’t see the appeal. It’s boring, the writing is juvenile, etc. I guess I was only a couple of hours into it. Not sure when it is supposed to get “good”.

His “serious punch” is only really appreciated from orbit.

https://i.imgur.com/OYjn66E.png

It’s a slow burner, and the main character is a prick for a good while (it makes the story arc more powerful, though). And it’s full of anime tropes (which are somewhat in-universe, but still). And I also struggled with it for a while until it started to “click”.

But: It has probably the best ending to a VN (and perhaps to a game) I remember. The true ending is really, really powerful stuff. I can’t recommend it enough.

I’ve got a couple of airline flights this weekend. Maybe I’ll give it some more time.

Keep I’m mind I’m talking about the VN, not the series. I think I’d like the series, but I don’t know…

I have the vn on ios

I think i got lost in the thread, what is a VN?

Visual Novel. One of those games with character art and endless screens of dialogue to click through, and it may or may not have user interaction in the form of choices or other gameplay elements.

Oh wow, I thought it was an anime that everyone knew about but me. Thanks to @MrCoffee for asking the question and @Otagan for an informative answer where he didn’t make us feel like fools.

Haha thanks i also thought it was an anime.

Why would anyone refer to a specific anime with “the”? Do you say “the FLCL”?

There have been stranger things.

fdd12135f71ab81c6726918173e3ec12ca80eeb9_hq

Well, yeah, sorry for the derail. Steins Gate is an anime too!!! I’m just talking about the source material.

Maybe we can also discuss what a light novel is once the new Legend of the Galactic Heroes hits. :) (the original series is so much better than the light novel it is based on)

I was forced by secret laws to post this here.

https://youtu.be./TUoWYoTWcnA

(sorry about the horrible thumbnail)

Why do you always add a period after the TLD in your urls?

So they are not embedded. But the main reason is that in am a smartass