Anime' - Whatcha Watchin? (Is it good?)

Cool, we never get recommendations for Netflix animes in this thread, so I mostly ignore anime on Netflix.

Sometimes there are shows like Made in Abyss and Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann (anything by Trigger really) that are so inventive and off the wall that really makes it hard to get into other anime.

I bounced off of Sword Art Online as well, maybe 10 episodes in.

I watched all of Konosuba, it was really funny, but I also think that it could have been even more over the top than it was. Like, I kept going because it was funny, but I also felt that the storyline was left a bit bare. Like, I want to know more about the reincarnation in a game world stuff.

I guess watching shows that spend a heck of a lot of money on art an animation kind of ruin the more typical animes for me. I don’t mind it as much with slice of life anime, but if you are going to go action, you need to have a budget for top notch animation.

Anyway, still looking for another show to dig into now. Really sad that I am going to have to wait for basically another full year to see what is at the bottom of the Abyss.

Heres some random recommendation of animes. In no particular order.

• ReZero
  • Log Horizont
  • Kill la Kill
  • FL/CL
  • Legends of the Galactic Heroes
  • Steins Gate
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • JoJo
  • Almost everything from Studio Ghibli
  • Code Geas
  • Samurai Champlo
  • Cownboy Bebop
  • Chobits
  • No game no life
  • One punch man

the inclusion of Log Horizont in this list is because I recently re-considered the Isekai genre and LH has gained his own place in this subgenre. Ask me any other day and LH would not be in the list.

Is a second season of Into the Abyss confirmed?

Yes, but not until 2020, I believe.

Sorry, it took me a year to get to it, but I have to admit, I’m really enjoying Planetes so far. I’m only 3 episodes in. Forgiving me if I use the wrong anime terminology, but this strikes me as a slice of life anime set in 2075. Very unique.

Yeah, it’s great, but you’ll see, it gets even better.