Anno 1800, city-building in the industrial revolution

Weird how they haven’t thought to include such a feature in the twenty years the series has been around.

Even something as simple as having icons of the produced good hovering over the building. Imagine how easy it would be to include a toggle feature for that.

Anno has always been one of those games where they have never put in really obvious enhancements/features like that. They almost seem proud to be stuck.

Stuff I really wish they had:

• Search/jump to X building type
  • What is this island producing?
  • Surplus/deficit that only takes production/consumption into account

Whatever happened to that freelc that was supposed to be a new building with data?

I think in some of the earlier ones if you were going to build something, it would highlight the relevant it buildings. So if I were looking for the hospital I could select to build a house or another hospital and the hospitals would be highlighted (eg green shaded). It’s that what you mean?

Something like that. ANYTHING really.

The most 1800 gives you is town halls highlighting the buildings it’s affecting.

You can still do that. Better than nothing but not much help if your buildings are spread out all over the island though.

Anyone know when the Sunken Treasure update is due?

Ohhh Looks like it comes out July 30. Yea!

This looks quite good!

https://www.anno-union.com/en/devblog-sunken-treasures/

Sunken Treasure just rolled out worldwide. Gonna give it a spin!

Watching the stupid gamescom pres conference was worth it for something. They announced Anno 1800 will be free to play until August 25th!

Who cares about free to play, the game got a day night cycle coming in September.

https://www.anno-union.com/en/let-there-be-light/?fbclid=IwAR0SsZlO8GJ--YvRI0A_Nr2OQe9bPL1WrVpT2pHHGPSq07ADcpPfxQXClqk

@jpinard how is sunken treasures, I haven’t had time to play it. :(

Add in a free month of uplay+ that is being offered from Sep 3rd to 30th, and you can get a good amount of free Anno 1800 from today. Just in case you do care about free to play! I’ll be giving it a spin again to see if it has been optimised to playable on my aging rig.

I got side tracked by all the other new games so I’m not sure LOL.

It’s nice, it adds a really huge island map. You can make nice items from the new scrap you get from finding stuff underwater.

I checked and didn’t see that it is limited in any way. Is that correct as far as we know?

It doesnt have the new dlc, but otherwise its the full game.

Good enough for me to take it for a spin.

The campaign isn’t available in the free version.

As a newcomer to the series, jumping straight into sandbox mode left me feeling a bit lost. (Particularly the warehouse and trade route interfaces.) I assume the campaign is set up to ease the learning curve?

That’s disappointing, although the story and voice acting were horrible - I played it in the pre launch demo. But, it is a good way to easy into the game so I probably would have went through it.