Anno 1800, city-building in the industrial revolution

It is Uplay and EPIC exclusive now, only two places you can buy it at.

https://store.ubi.com/us/anno-1800/5b647010ef3aa548048c595a.html?lang=en_US

Thanks. The Uplay store was one of the most confusing ecommerce sites I’ve used in years. The stupid flashing buttons and the lag time, made me spend at least 15 minutes ordering the damn thing. I’m not entirely sure I didn’t buy it 3 times.

Ugh if you are going to replace Steam, which I love, then you better make the experience at least as good.

If you get lucky, a cargo you bring can give you an special, extra option with guaranteed success if it fits the event. I think I had a diplomacy event I’ve encountered before and the beer gave me a new choice I didn’t have before that had a 100% success chance.

Time to start the slog from engineers to investors…

You can just buy those too. You cannot count on using them. That will doom your expeditions.

I’ve found the ideal production chain formula.

Looking forward to that patch tomorrow.

Same here, I’ve been playing other stuff to fill the void, but I miss my trade routes and production lines.

I’m going to start a fresh new game due to the new stuff that may spawn throughout. How about you?

I am still playing the campaign , need to get them 500 engineers!

LOL. I will re-try the campaign at some point. My games were lost cause Miss whats-her-face engorged herself on all the islands leaving me with nuttttttin (and hated me cause she went to war with my allies).

Is the Old Lady programmed to just be flat out better than the others? She always dominates every game. I’ve noticed she’s the only one that doesn’t ask permission to settle new islands.

Each AI has its own focus. She is better than 3 other AI’s, but worse than all the others.

How do you know when a game on Uplay has been updated?

For me, when you go into the game page from your library the ‘Play’ button will change to ‘Update’ and clicking that will begin the update process (or you can play the old version offline).

I am not sure if Uplay supports automatic updates the way Steam does, but I have never had good luck with that and always need to manually initiate the process myself. You may need to restart the client.

So I guess Anno hasn’t been updated yet?

I just checked the Ubi forums and the Patch Notes post said it was pushed out around 8:00 AM EDT so it should be live. I cannot check the client myself at the moment though.

Hello Annoholics,

Anno 1800 will receive a Patch today - May 15th, at 08:00 AM EDT / 12 PM UTC .
Size : around 850 mb

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2054487-Patch-02-Patch-Notes-May-15th-2019

Yes, it updated in my Steam account this morning.

BAH - I think I’m too tired to play. Darn it!

In the category of why the heck is this hidden, you can in fact tell your ships on trade to leave a certain amount of goods in the warehouse. You have to hold shift when you push accept when selecting a good to load on a trade route. I tested it out, and it works. So if it says -+50, it will only take goods above 50.