Annual holiday movie

What movie do you watch every year around this time? I’ve never seen 'It’s a Wonderful Life", “A Christmas Story” or “Miracle on 34th Street.” I watch “The Family Man” every year.

Bad Santa. Seriously.

(Tom, I need backup.)

Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian.

‘A Christmas Carol’ with Alastair Sim is a firm Christmas favourite and for some reason I always get a hankering to watch ‘North by Northwest’ around this time of year.

It’s a Wonderful Life… nothing else comes close although I still enjoy the Burl Ives narrated version of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
Die Hard
Lethal Weapon

No need to wait for Tom, I’ve got your back on that one :)

P.S. They can’t all be winners.

You can’t go wrong with any of the old Rankin Bass specials, but I’m especially fond of Jack Frost. Kubla Kraus’s mechanical army was awesome.

And just in case this thread enjoys a long life, The Easter Bunny Is Comin’ to Town with Fred Astaire is solid gold.

Nick: I said I am not gay.

Lord Of The Rings. My wife actually started this tradition.

I watch A Charlie Brown Christmas and The Shining. The Shining counts as a holiday movie because there’s snow n shit.

Does thinking that Friday After Next is a funny movie make me a bad person?

A Christmas Story.

I’m looking forward to watching “The Homecoming” (I think that’s the title - aka the TV movie that eventually became The Waltons) with my kids, who, this year, are hopefully finally old enough to watch it and not complain that it isn’t a cartoon.

Yet another vote for Christmas Story. We watch it every year. I’m recording Rudolph tomorrow night…it’s remastered in HD! Yay!

Rankin Bass. No other will do for me.

More shit than snow I think.

How about The Snowman?

Bernard and the Genie

Elf
Die Hard

I’m right there with you. It has been a tradition in our home for about a decade now.

Fa-ra-ra-ra-raaa ra-ra-ra-raaa!

I’m not terribly into Christmas, but when the subject of holiday movies comes up, I always vote for Gremlins.