Anonymity, Trump supporters, the right-wing media, and the gman account

I do, because they are. If they aren’t an anti-Semite they enable and empower anti-Semites, and that’s just as bad. The only reason to be in Labour now is to remove the anti-Semites from power by using your member vote and to use your voice as a member to stand against what is happening. If you are willing to put Corbyn into power for your own reasons you do so because you do not care about anti-Semitism, and you are prepared to co-exist with it.

Similarly with Brexiters. It was an act of racism and xenophobia due to the campaign being entirely focused on immigrants, so they are racist and xenophobic, or enabled and empowered racists and bigots.

Yeah and this just proves my point, because when you do this the response is “Oh it’s pwk going off on one again.”

The campaign was not entirely focussed on immigrants. The offical campaign actually tried to downplay the immigration/race angle, although of course the Mail/Express/Farage were having none of that. Sure there was a big race angle, but it’s not like the EU had a good reputation in the UK if you put immigration to one side.

Anyway I fear we’re straying off topic…

As a US centric forum, I think there just isn’t much awareness of UK politics. So, many reactions are mostly just “Uh, ok, I’ll take your word for it, I guess?”

Yikes, I understand why WoolySchmidt bailed for the games forum entirely.

A PhD friend of mine (please don’t dox him) recently wrote this on Facebook, in light of the Melania controversy:

I thought it was an important question. If someone simply does not care that families are being separated, because in their view that’s reasonable to do when the adult breaks a serious law and the child has nowhere to go, what then? Are they a moral monster who should be rounded up and shot? Should they me ignored forever? We see now that the concern has shifted from family separations, to incarcerating children at all. Are people moral monsters if they cared about separations, but not the HHS detentions? It goes on and on, and at some point, discussions are probably better than casting people out.

That’s because lots of people have these feelings, and it’s hard to feign concern if it’s simply not naturally there. Shaming and harassing them in irresponsible ways only reinforces their views that they’re being reasonable, and you’re the “fascist” bully who can’t tolerate an argument.

Some of the replies were good:

THATSBAIT.GIF

I almost took it. I think I had the words FUCK and YOU in my reply about ten times within twenty words.

Guys. He’s a shitty person unworthy of your time. Let the racist go. There’s nothing of value to be found in him or discussion with him.

Let. It. Go.

FTFY.

Like I said. This is how you get echo chambers.

Oh good, it’s not just me? Every time I see that phrase…

Damn movie.

I think we’re only a day or two away from being able to shame and harass in irresponsible ways in peace.

So, I have a friend. This friend posed an amazing question to me. Note, this friend is super smart. He has like, 5 or 6 PhDs. He also is an astronaut. He might also be President, but I’m not sure. No DOXXING.

Anyway, he said, “Is it morally wrong to be a serial killer?” I mean I see where he is coming from. The serial killer is doing what is in their best interest, killing others. Should those others have a right to infringe upon the killer’s happiness.

Great question, thoughts? (Please keep your liberal echo chamber nonsense out of here, serious discussion only)

Maybe we should get back to a few relevant questions.

1. Is it morally wrong to punch nazis? What if they just want to “have a conversation” about saving white culture?
  2. Am I a sociopath if I see a nazi get punched and I don’t feel sorry for him or her?
  3. Is calling someone a nazi actually a bigger injustice than being a nazi?

Discuss!

Thank you for bringing this valuable topic up, Menzo. It’s a shame that people like you are being silenced when you just want to have a conversation.

Answer sheet:

1. No, no.
  2. No.
  3. No.

You would be hard pressed to make a legitimate argument for that.

The Brexit movement was absolutely driven by racism and xenophobia. Now, certainly, some folks were effectively tricked into buying into that crap by other lies, like thinking it was gonna save the UK tons of money or something, but a major driving force was “dirty immigrants are taking our jobs”.

Just want to confirm that you believe this even if they are super nice nazis. Not the “kill all the Jews” guys.

Hmm, that is a tough one. But I think I’m going to have to come down on the side of punching is acceptable even if they are super polite and like dogs.

OK, so far we have 1 point for nazi punching. I’d like to hear dissenting views, though, because right now it looks a bit too much like an echo chamber. We owe it to ourselves to listen to every possible opinion.

Half the country is the moral equivalent of serial killers? Yikes. If I didn’t think my friend was smart before, this comment has given me new appreciation.

I feel an obvious solution to the problem could be found (maybe expedited asylum claims and more asylum infrastructure.) But people are too busy with these irresponsible comparisons.

ikr?

Fuck children.