Anonymity, Trump supporters, the right-wing media, and the gman account

Remember how this topic started with Tom revealing how gman deceived him, how gman misrepresented and lied to everyone about who he is and what he knows, Tom wanting feedback from us… and now gman wants to talk about the faults of this community and rehash his political checklists. This topic change is part of the playbook. This is what he wants.

This is what they do. It’s what they sell and how they sell it.

Maybe stop using the thread to call me a racist? I restricted my involvement in this forum to this one thread, and people are continuing it here.

Nah.5

One serious question though: WHAT IS THE PLAYBOOK? I’m in conservative media and I have no idea what you’re talking about. Enlighten me please. This has been driving me nuts! Am I missing out on some hot plays? Strategies?? You have mentioned it approximately 50,000 times so it must be a thing.

Pretending not to know what the playbook is is part of the playbook.

Made me laugh not going to lie

200 replies? Are the neo-nazi nukes falling? Oh, it’s still gman et al.

Still not arguing points, still playing the victim, still changing topics and ‘bad people on both sides’

Time to just let him go gently into that bad night. Silently.

Do the votes of PhDs count for more than one point?

Only if they take a contrarian opinion, so as best to avoid the echo chamber problem.

I will require full bonafides of said PhD, though.

Of course your friend is smart, he has a PhD. My friend is smarter though.

Where does the half the country part come from though. I am confused. You see, I have no PhD.

Fortunately, it’s not half the country, it’s more like the bottom 10%. The rest of the country is suitably outraged at what is being done in their name. Lots of the <20% that voted for Trump are only now realizing some of the implications of their folly (btw, that Rasmussen poll is push-polling bullshit).

Unfortunately, 10% willing to seize power unscrupulously can really fuck up a country.

So this thread is now the catch-all gman thread where he will post about any topic? Should we delete all the other topics now?

WTF is happening. Help us, @tomchick!

1. Absent any other context, yes and yes.
  2. No.
  3. I mean, I don’t know? Literally just “being a nazi” isn’t really an injustice, either to the nazi or anyone else. I’m sure you probably mean “doin’ nazi stuff”, but a nazi alone in the wilderness having a conservation with the trees isn’t an injustice.

What are you basing that on? I am not a political hobbyist, so I basically only checked Wikipedia for info about them, and 538 lists them as Republican-biased, but not insanely so.

Why are you so confident that ~50% of non-affiliated voters wouldn’t think “Gee, those parents shouldn’t be bringing their kids into a situation where it’s likely they will be arrested”?

He did defend himself because he was called a white supremacist. If an accusation like that is being contested, it’s unfair to say defending yourself is “playing the victim” like that’s some additional strike against your character.

I know it’s hard to keep track with the ever changing topics that is gmans circular logic but that is not why he suddenly showed up. He wanted to offer everyone lunch followed by telling everyone not to dox him. Because he can’t stop with just a normal response. he has to throw in this weirdo lecture too.

The worst part about bubbles/echo chambers is they help people convince themselves most of the world thinks like they do, has the same concerns they do ,etc. The attack on the Rasmussen poll you cited is a great example. Those who have different views are impossible to understand, and therefore attacked as disingenuous, or worse.

I was specifically taking issue with Banzai attributing—at least in part—gman’s continued participation as “still playing the victim”.

You experienced a different EU Referendum to me then, because that’s not what minority lens experienced. It was almost entirely about immigrants, immigration and ethno-nationalism. Which is why focus remains on Freedom Of Movement and immigration, and the propaganda from Brexiters remains ethno-nationalist and jingoistic.

Today’s DM front page

and the usual jingoistic , ethno-nationalist nonsense from The Sun.

As for Labour institutional and systematic issues, they are documented and verified in detail now. Feel free to counter-argue the accusations and verified details instead of trying to attack me.